(Day 11, Early Evening) The Second Challenge

Though technically unaligned and administered by the Seppun, the Hundred Stances Dojo and rumors of its secret texts and techniques have drawn the attention of all clans, great and minor.
Makiko

Re: (Day 11, Early Evening) The Second Challenge

Post by Makiko »

"All of my father's people seem to be so," replies Makiko, agreeing with him. "The attack was merely to get the two of us through the door here."

A sweeping gesture indicates she means herself and the Red Hand.

"Now that we are here, I think a more traditional way of handling this matter is in order. Kakita Shotsune, I challenge you for leadership of the Hundred Stances Dojo!"
Ronin • Paragon • Samurai
Glory: 2.9 • Infamy: 4.0 • Honor: Honorless Dog • Status: 0.0
Senior Ronin Student (contested)
"The trail of bodies I have left behind is...unintentional, but nevertheless proves me worthy to study here."
Kakita Shotsune

Post by Kakita Shotsune »

Shotsune staggers backward - she expected a challenge, certainly, but not like this, and not from this person...

"I'll not...," she gasps, "I'll not grant such an honor to a Tainted traitor!"
Crane Clan • Experienced • Duelist • Paragon • Samurai
Glory: 5.4 Honor: Exceptional • Status: 4.0
Benten's Blessing • Small • Head Sensei of the Hundred Stances Dojo
"In victory is defeat. In one strike I have rendered myself empty, my new position meaningless."
The Red Hand

Post by The Red Hand »

"Ah, there she goes again, so quick to assume," taunts the Red Hand. He closes on Makiko, dramatically resting his arm on her shoulders in a half-embrace. From the ease of the gesture and Makiko's lack of response, it seems that they are used to such closeness.

"Dear Makiko has been carefully kept free of the touch of Darkness," he continues, "as she and those like her must serve as representatives in the Empire for those of us who...well, shouldn't be allowed in polite company."
Actor • Bloodspeaker • Experienced Bayushi Akaite
Honor: Honorless Dog • Glory: -8.0 • Status: 0.0
"Through my new master's teachings, I have found my true path."
Makiko

Post by Makiko »

"I follow the Oracle of Obsidian because I find his teachings to be of value," Makiko confirms. "Only my own Will guides me in that matter. Now, will you answer the challenge?"
"The trail of bodies I have left behind is...unintentional, but nevertheless proves me worthy to study here."
Ryotaru

Post by Ryotaru »

"No. This madness stops here."

All eyes turn to Ryotaru who, having recovered from the shocking revelations heaped upon him, steps forward to look his apparent half-sister in the eye.

"Any right you had to my allegiance due to our shared blood was forfeit the moment you chose to ally with that," he says harshly, gesturing toward the Red Hand. "You want me because of the deadly skill I could bring to your cause, not out of any desire to right the wrong done to us by our father. I will claim my birthright by my own hand, but you will not be there to see it. I will answer your challenge - you will face me, rather than sully the proud traditions and reputation of this dojo in your quest to control it."
Ronin • Samurai
Glory: 2.1 • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 0.0
"Call me a bastard again, and you'll be lucky if all I take from you is your tongue!"
Makiko

Post by Makiko »

Makiko's expression snaps back to "cold and deadly".

"Very well, then. Let us reconvene at the end of the day tomorrow, and then we shall see whose will is strongest. You will soon regret this rejection, brother dear."

She, followed by the mind-controlled Doji Hariya and the Red Hand, turn on their heels and depart to prepare for the next day's duel.