Notorious N.I.C.E. - Otomo Yuuma Q&A

A space for random chatter, commentary, and other such things.
Akodo Taizo

Re: Notorious N.I.C.E. - Otomo Yuuma Q&A

Post by Akodo Taizo »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm
Kakita Tobi wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 pm Hey, I gave you a, like, totally awesome first impression of the Crane!!!!
Okucheo is still mostly convinced you're secretly a hyper-skilled warrior in disguise.
Glad I'm not the only one!
Akodo Yakuwari
Lion Clan * Bushi * Prodigy * Villain
Status 1.0 * Glory 1.0 * Exceptionally Honorable

Generally on person: Daisho, Dogi or regular kimono, Leadership, Ikoma Botan's History of the Eighth Century
Otomo Yuuma

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Matsu Yuuka wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm Okay, this has me curious, Inori only knows her as non-moronic and nice...but I guess we'll see down the line.
Yuuma's bad opinion of Korihime started when she repeatedly rejected Jiro from the study group (yeah yeah dice are dice and rules are rules, but keep in mind characters don't always see dice).

That said, I won't give away too much.
Shosuro Katsumi wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 pm That's a good point; Suke-sensei had that thing about just saying he wasn't available, but it never went anywhere past Katsumi telling Akihime that lie. He never passed it along to Yuuma, and it never got brought up again. :thinking:
So he did lie to us - Suke man, we came to you specifically so we could do it right. Don't try and ensare us for doing the wrong thing when we came to seek advice on how to avoid doing exactly that.

IC, Akihime passed on the information like she said. Between us, we decided that since there was a lot going on between the Gaki stuff and the rats and what you told us about looking into Makiko, we'd wait to get a definite answer. and while I did plan to discuss the discourse in the art thread while we worked on our clay, well...

That said, there's some serious OOC implications about the GM conspiring against a player which aren't worth getting into here.
Akodo Taizo wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:38 pm Glad I'm not the only one!
I know, right?
Imperial • Courtier • Named after history's greatest tyrant • Archaic Speech Style • Well, he tried
Glory: 1.0 • Status: 2.0 • Honor: What is expected
"When the fortunes notice you, pray you are ready."
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

How would he have helped Jiro if the offer to share the lore had been accepted?
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
"Be prepared to appreciate what you meet."
Otomo Yuuma

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Shiba Jiro wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 pm How would he have helped Jiro if the offer to share the lore had been accepted?
Oh, this one - Okucheo, on account of his unique haunting, knows the real identity of every "Lost God" and would have shared as such. Jiro could have in theory used to gain her interest by providing a unique perspective.

At least, that was before the plan changed to "hunker down".
Imperial • Courtier • Named after history's greatest tyrant • Archaic Speech Style • Well, he tried
Shosuro Katsumi

Post by Shosuro Katsumi »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:49 pmSo he did lie to us - Suke man, we came to you specifically so we could do it right. Don't try and ensare us for doing the wrong thing when we came to seek advice on how to avoid doing exactly that.

IC, Akihime passed on the information like she said. Between us, we decided that since there was a lot going on between the Gaki stuff and the rats and what you told us about looking into Makiko, we'd wait to get a definite answer. and while I did plan to discuss the discourse in the art thread while we worked on our clay, well...
Suke's whole thing was basically, "It feels like the Otomo did not think this over well enough. See if they will back off from the idea if you say I was unavailable and if not, keep an eye on things."

And yeah, that's one of those problems that comes up sometimes with Scorpion or Spider or Otomo plotting; Sometimes it means lying or working against a person or faction... Truthfully, in this case, considering Katsumi's misplaced crush, he probably would have helped if any problems had come up anyways.

Also just because of the way I play; I wouldn't want things to get bad.
Scorpion Clan <> Artisan <> Actor/Actress <> Dangerously Pretty
Glory Rank: 0 • Status Rank: 0 • Honor: Honorless Dog
Usual items: flute, masks, folding fan, umbrella
Otomo Akihime

Post by Otomo Akihime »

Where do you see Okucheo going in the future?
InexperiencedImperial CourtierArtisanBlessed by BentenSmallTeacher's Pet
Glory: 2Honor: What Is ExpectedStatus: 3
"The pen is mightier than the sword."
Otomo Yuuma

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Otomo Akihime wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 pm Where do you see Okucheo going in the future?
...Hmm.

I don't know.
Obsidian Dragon
Site Admin

Post by Obsidian Dragon »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:49 pm That said, there's some serious OOC implications about the GM conspiring against a player which aren't worth getting into here.
I don't want to rain on parades, but in this case I have to.

THESE SORTS OF CLAIMS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

The GMs, individually and as a team, do our best to be impartial. Sometimes it may not seem like it, but I assure you and everyone else that we do. If you think there's a problem, mention it to the GM(s) and see if there's anything that can be done to address it - don't wait until the end of the game, then drop it like this. It's really, REALLY demoralizing, not to mention harmful to the game as a whole, to pop in after putting in a lot of work to host and run a game only to see this kind of really insulting nonsense being thrown around.

This is the absolutely last time I will only be responding to this with posted warnings. After this, bans will be issued.
Nonhuman • Dragon • Obsidian • Shugenja • Cavalry • Unique
It is the last remant of Lord Onnotangu, the fallen Lord Moon.
Head GM • Forum Administrator
Otomo Yuuma

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

[Narrator's note: As it turns out, those claims weren't being made in the first place. OD and Yuuma's player have since reconciled in Private Messages.]
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
"Be prepared to appreciate what you meet."