[Day 14 LE] And That's All Folks

While it is used for overflow training space (as is nearly any other unoccupied area within the complex), a large courtyard provides room for walks, semi-private conversation, and meditation.
Hida Kentaro

[Day 14 LE] And That's All Folks

Post by Hida Kentaro »

Heading away from the Minor Dojo, one last practice under his belt, Hiroki walked to the courtyard to relax a bit before turning in. The final rays of sunlight of their last day here gone as the moon began its immortal pursuit.

Hiroki found a spot in the grass and sat looking around the dojo and then up at the stars above contemplating everything that had happened here and what it all meant, or if it meant anything at all. A small voice in the back of his mind whispered that this wasn't the end for the connections that were made here and the events that occurred likely had far reaching consequences.

He took a deep breath, those were issues of yesterday and tomorrow. For today he simply looked up and relaxed.
Crab * Bushi * Big ol boy * Villain * Imposing but Nice * Reckless
Glory: 0 Status: 0
Wears: Sturdy clothes, Straw Hat
Shiba Jiro

Re: [Day 14 LE] And That's All Folks

Post by Shiba Jiro »

Shiba Ryusei's day had been... overall, pretty satisfactory.

Even if he was still getting used to walking around with his daisho.

Oh well.

He made his way around the pond- the scene of so many of his personal moments here- and was headed toward the student housing for the last time when he caught sight of the big Crab.

Hm. The last Crab I spoke to hates my guts, and will likely always do so...

But on the other hand...

"Nice night, Crab-san."
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
"Be prepared to appreciate what you meet."
Hida Kentaro

Post by Hida Kentaro »

Hiroki's head turned sideways still tilted up from looking at the stars, he looked toward the speaker, a boy he had seen around Miya-sama's forge, well now a man he supposed. The hida nodded

"Shiba-san, a nice night for walking it seems. I just took a moment to think about stuff for a bit. How is your night going?" His head tilted to a more natural position as Hiroki spoke with Ryusei, his tone open and almost a bit friendly.
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"It's going... pleasantly Hida-san."

Despite the ongoing cleanup from being a small-scale warzone.

He offered a polite bow.

"I don't know that we've ever actually spoken. This one is Shiba Ryūsei."
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
Hida Kentaro

Post by Hida Kentaro »

Hiroki figured he might as well be polite and stood returning the bow "Good to meet ya Shiba-san, I am Hida Hiroki. I dont think we've talked either but I remember seeing you in the forging classes. Pretty good with weapons not so much with armor right?"
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"Barely a samurai, and already my reputation precedes me."

Ryusei grinned.

"Miya-sama's advice helped me get a bit better with armor, but there's little denying that I'm still better with weapons. You didn't do too poorly yourself, as I recall... was that tetsubo at the ceremony some of Miya-sama's handiwork?"

Hida Kentaro

Post by Hida Kentaro »

Hiroki chuckled "a stroke of luck more than anything else. Miya-sama's classes were definitely helpful but I'm sad I missed a few. Though you are right the tetsubo was a gift from Miya-sama. Apparently he saw something in me from my time there, from what I saw of your Daisho I'd guess he had a hand in making that as well yeah?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, it was half a guess as he figured the Shiba would have gotten something out of all that time spent in the forge if Hiroki got something.
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"Good eye, Hida-san."

Ryusei half-smiled.

"I... hadn't quite expected it, but I'm not exactly displeased."

Another pause. A somewhat awkward one, at least for the Phoenix.

"Your clanmate, though, performed superbly there. I cannot help hoping some token of his esteem reaches her."