(Day 13, Early Afternoon) Isawa Korihime's Study Circle FINAL

While primarily a place for warriors, the Hundred Stances dojo is not lacking a quiet space for the training of the mind. While the dojo's secret texts cannot be found here, treatises on kenjutsu and other topics (notably history, poetry, theatre, and theology) are curated by Seppun Kurou, a helpful and cheerful shugenja.
Tamori Kazunosuke

Re: (Day 13, Early Afternoon) Isawa Korihime's Study Circle FINAL

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Isawa Korihime wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:32 pm "His lessons, perhaps, could be said to have defeated death by persevering for so long," Korihime says with a nod, "but so far there aren't enough clear signs to suggest that this is really comparable to the survival of the Fortune of Fire and Thunder. Many have lived lives that have left a lasting impact, but few can be said to have achieved anything beyond mortal capability. Still, though...it might be worth a deeper look. I'll have to try to convince the Council to send someone here on a long-term assignment to try to uncover any lingering spiritual influence Oshiro may have."
He nods at her again, a very faint smile on his face. "Hai... of course, equating Oshiro-no-shiryo and Osano Wo no kami would be a mistake of mine. But... thank you for the interest, Isawa-sensei! if that investigation does happen... could I perhaps ask you how I could be informed of the results?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
Akodo Yo

Post by Akodo Yo »

It had been....an interesting sort of training. Of course, Akodo wanted the Lion to have a mind as sharp as their sword. Yo was going to have to continue to hone his skill in Iaijutsu but it was important to remember that there was more to life than just swords.

He glanced over at Shib Jiro, and nodded to himself.

Definitely more.
Lion Clan + Male + Child + Bushi-in-Training
Glory: Kid Honor: Lion Status: Kid
Always carries: Book (Akodo's Leadership)
"Defeat becomes failure when you accept it."
Theme Song
Isawa Korihime

Post by Isawa Korihime »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:06 am tag
"I'll leave a note for the researcher they assign, if they decide to do so," the scholar replies. "They'll then see to it that word reaches you, wherever you might find yourself after leaving here."
Phoenix Clan • Fire • Shugenja
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0
Guest of the Dojo
"No, swords are Suro's thing. I'm here for stories."
Matsu Yuuka

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

The Matsu's unease continued as she moved through her day, and saw all the persistent efforts too...ignore the events of the day before.

She supposed she should look further into her talents, try to find out as much as she could...while she still could. While she still had access to this library. But her mind was elsewhere, and her heart wasn't in it. Instead she researched something far more fundamental: Kharma, and it's relation to Bushido.
It was time for some very hard thinking in her life.

Fortunately that was one of the topics on which the library was well-stocked.

---------------

Gaining 3 potential - 1 for attendance, +2 for roll with one Raise
Lion Clan * Shugenja* Water * Weird
Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Honour: Untrustworthy
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

Yo, Yuuka, Taizo, Kai, Kazunosuke... If the Otomo were here, most of my friends would be in this room. Sobering thought!
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
"Be prepared to appreciate what you meet."
Tamori Kazunosuke

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Isawa Korihime wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:35 am "I'll leave a note for the researcher they assign, if they decide to do so," the scholar replies. "They'll then see to it that word reaches you, wherever you might find yourself after leaving here."
The Tamori nods again, smiling. "Thank you, Isawa-sensei. And thanks for everything again", he says, bowing low again before leaving her to her own work.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)