D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

In addition to the administrator, Seppun Osokawa, a small detachment of Seppun guardsmen and shugenja are housed on site to keep the peace.
User avatar
Tamori Kazunosuke
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Hida Jiaying wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:20 am She looked at the piece of paper as he held it out to her, but then nodded and took it, slipping it into her obi for the time being. Then she stood there for a few moments as she took in the fact that she was really about to leave. Maybe if she were a bit more sentimental and less prickly, she might've said some words of encouragement to them, or at least a thumbs up, but instead she finally bowed to both the Tamori and the Otomo, though what a shallow thing it was, and once again turned to leave. If there were no further interruptions, she'd leave without a sound.
Otomo Yuuma wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 am While the bow is returned, there are no further interruptions from the Otomo.

After her departure, once he's sure she's out of earshot, the Otomo can't help but sigh - like a great weight had just been placed on his back as another slides off.

"Forgive me, Tamori-san; I have invited you here and shown you neglect up to this point. For that, I offer my sincerest apologies. That said, you have my undivided attention right now."

What remained strictly inside his head was
'My word, she's cold! To me I get, but even Tamori-san?! What, could Benten-no-Kami propose to her only for her to complain about the location of the proposal?!'
The Tamori likewise returns the bow, but makes no other interruptions.

"No apologies needed at all, Otomo-sama.", he says, nodding with a weak, maybe slightly tired smile. He says nothing on the whole thing with the Hida - it all clearly weighed on them both, and it didn't look like words were needed or helpful. The room seemed reserved enough, but he lowered his voice even so as he continued. "So... you mentioned you had some... suspicions about what happened yesterday?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
User avatar
Otomo Yuuma
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm The Tamori likewise returns the bow, but makes no other interruptions.

"No apologies needed at all, Otomo-sama.", he says, nodding with a weak, maybe slightly tired smile. He says nothing on the whole thing with the Hida - it all clearly weighed on them both, and it didn't look like words were needed or helpful. The room seemed reserved enough, but he lowered his voice even so as he continued. "So... you mentioned you had some... suspicions about what happened yesterday?"
The Otomo looks around, but nods, lowering his voice.

"Indeed. I'm unsure as to the true purpose of the attack - if it was to put their own at the head of the dojo, why even bother the attack? If it's to conquer it, why bother with the duel? Something about this whole affair doesn't add up. My work protecting the guests didn't give me much chance to learn anything - by any chance did you?"
Imperial • Courtier • Named after history's greatest tyrant • Archaic Speech Style • Well, he tried
Glory: 1.0 • Status: 2.0 • Honor: What is expected
"When the fortunes notice you, pray you are ready."
User avatar
Tamori Kazunosuke
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:58 pm
Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 pm The Tamori likewise returns the bow, but makes no other interruptions.

"No apologies needed at all, Otomo-sama.", he says, nodding with a weak, maybe slightly tired smile. He says nothing on the whole thing with the Hida - it all clearly weighed on them both, and it didn't look like words were needed or helpful. The room seemed reserved enough, but he lowered his voice even so as he continued. "So... you mentioned you had some... suspicions about what happened yesterday?"
The Otomo looks around, but nods, lowering his voice.

"Indeed. I'm unsure as to the true purpose of the attack - if it was to put their own at the head of the dojo, why even bother the attack? If it's to conquer it, why bother with the duel? Something about this whole affair doesn't add up. My work protecting the guests didn't give me much chance to learn anything - by any chance did you?"
Keeping his voice low, Kazu tells him all he remembers about what happened on the day before. Makiko showing up and saying tha the attack had been a distraction, and that she and her patron had "put their plans into motion" in Roaring Thunder Village as Hariya was staying there. The masked man appearing, giving his name just as 'The Red Hand' and saying he was Makiko's patron and was supporting 'her bold move' - probably the challenge itself, Kazunosuke supposed.

He then remembered Makiko mentioned another name. "After that... Makiko actually asked if someone else would be joining them. One she named 'Ryukudatsusha - and she used a very respectful honorific to speak of that person - a male, as the Red Hand made clear. So that may be another of the group's leaders, I guess... if not the leader".

He stopped to think for a moment before continuing. "At that point... the Red Hand mentioned that person would not be joining because they would be meeting 'the Oracle', as 'the Child' had been found. That Oracle... will probably be the same one Makiko said she followed later. The Oracle of Obsidian. I... don't think I've head the name before, though..."

After some time, he continues. "Makiko then asked if that meant the time had come, or something like that... That seemed to fill her with anticipation. I... I'm not sure what that 'Child' will be, though. I... I'm sorry I can't be more helpful in that regard."

Another pause before he continues. "After that... well, there's the story we've all probably heard. Makiko said Ryotaru was her brother, and tried to call him to join 'the Oracle's' cause. Kakita-sensei said they would defend against the attack... but then Makiko issued her challenge, and as Kakita-sensei said she wouldn't grant such an honour to a 'tainted' one, the Red Hand declared Maiko was pure - in fact, that she had ' been carefully kept free of the touch of Darkness'. Again, I can... imagine what that means, more or less, but I don't know much about it, or if that could have been a bluff, or... what it all means, exactly."

He sighs. "I believe Hida-san would probably be able to help us in that regard..."

Another look at the ground, another pause. He then continues. "At that point Makiko mentioned the Oracle's title - the Oracle of Obsidian, and said she follows him guided 'by her own Will', stating the challenge again. Ryotaru then stepped up... and answered the challenge in Kakita-sensei's stead. I... suppose Kakita-sensei couldn't back down from the challenge since Makiko was - or at least claimed to be - 'pure'... and Ryotaru chose to accept it at any rate. So.... the duel was set to happen the next day - and that's what you and I have seen happen earlier today."

He finally looks at the Otomo, keeping his eyes on Yuuma's for a moment before looking away. "... is this any help in putting the pieces of the puzzle together, Otomo-sama? I'm afraid the may be more things I don't understand than things I do, but I'd want to help in any way I can."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
User avatar
Otomo Yuuma
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:44 pm What was heard last night
The Otomo nods, taking this all down with ink and brush. The more he listens, the more his mood darkens.

"This was a distraction. This entire charade - all of this death, all of this dishonour - all of it was some... elaborate stage to distract from something greater. I think. But... what? Kidnapping the chosen one? moving the oracle? A grand display to signal the arrival of the chosen one?"
Imperial • Courtier • Named after history's greatest tyrant • Archaic Speech Style • Well, he tried
Glory: 1.0 • Status: 2.0 • Honor: What is expected
"When the fortunes notice you, pray you are ready."
User avatar
Tamori Kazunosuke
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:15 pm The Otomo nods, taking this all down with ink and brush. The more he listens, the more his mood darkens.

"This was a distraction. This entire charade - all of this death, all of this dishonour - all of it was some... elaborate stage to distract from something greater. I think. But... what? Kidnapping the chosen one? moving the oracle? A grand display to signal the arrival of the chosen one?"
The Tamori listens to Yuuma's words attentively and unblinkingly, his face worried... but not showing much understanding.

"Hai... they seemed to consider the whole attack to be a distraction. Although... the Red Hand seemed to see the conquest of the Dojo itself, as he said, to be of some value. That, at least, Ryotaru's actions will have avoided... "

He falls silent again, his eyes drifting off as if looking through the Otomo to something far away.

"But again... there is much I do not understand. If you allow me asking, Otomo-sama... have you found anything on this 'Oracle'? Or this 'Child'? Eh... is that the chosen one you speak of? All of this... it almost sounds like a prophecy of some sort..."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
User avatar
Otomo Yuuma
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Otomo Yuuma »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:45 am "But again... there is much I do not understand. If you allow me asking, Otomo-sama... have you found anything on this 'Oracle'? Or this 'Child'? Eh... is that the chosen one you speak of? All of this... it almost sounds like a prophecy of some sort..."
The Otomo shakes his head in a negative.

"This is the first I'm hearing of any of this. You are right, though - it does sound like a prophecy of some sort. I should clarify, forgive me - but I'm using the chosen one to refer to the 'child' you mentioned."
Imperial • Courtier • Named after history's greatest tyrant • Archaic Speech Style • Well, he tried
Glory: 1.0 • Status: 2.0 • Honor: What is expected
"When the fortunes notice you, pray you are ready."
User avatar
Tamori Kazunosuke
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Re: D12 EN(Early Night) - In the dark of the night (Expecting)

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Otomo Yuuma wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:14 am The Otomo shakes his head in a negative.

"This is the first I'm hearing of any of this. You are right, though - it does sound like a prophecy of some sort. I should clarify, forgive me - but I'm using the chosen one to refer to the 'child' you mentioned."
Kazunosuke nodded again, his expression quite serious even while his eyes seemed to be somehow distant. "I understand. So, um... I think trying to find out more about all of this should be a priority now, then, ne?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Serene
Glory: 1.0 • Honor: What is expected • Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village • Hard on himself • Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
Locked