[Day 11, LA] A forlorn prayer

Shinjo Kyouka

Re: [Day 11, LA] A forlorn prayer

Post by Shinjo Kyouka » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

When they had stepped back from the shrine to Jurojin, Kanae turned to her companion.

"There is one final shrine left." she said. This time Kanae seemed less confident than before. Hesitant. "You probably know which one"

Her heart was heavy with what she had found out. How she wished it had not come to this, that her life was easier. It was not. The boy, the young man that she might be in love with, was sworn to her enemy. That just felt cruel to her, and Kanae asked herself if it was right, if she should even address the Fortune of love.

Maybe Benten is cruel - and maybe this is not her doing

She trembled a little

Or maybe she did, and there is a point to all of this
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Country bumpkin
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: Roll for it
Carries: purse, travelling clothes, bow and Ashigaru armour where appropriate
Topaz points: 3

Isawa Mei

Post by Isawa Mei » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 pm

"A Fortune who is, I am certain, more than accustomed to the prayers of the young."

Mei gave a sort of crooked smile.

"I bend Her ear all the time."

Especially lately.
Phoenix Clan * Blessed by Benten * Evil Eye * Lucky
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: 5.5
Carries: Biwa, daisho
Bunked at the Grinning Carp Theme Song

Shinjo Kyouka

Post by Shinjo Kyouka » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:31 pm

I don't know whether I should be annoyed or envious. Or happy for her Kanae thought as she heard Mei's comments. Well, it works out for Isawa-san, I guess.

So, the final Fortune, and perhaps, next to the one to Ebisu, the most desperate of prayers. Incense, hand-clasping, bowing.

Benten. Love. Well, that has not gone well for me. I found something that might very well be love. This great guy, Daidoji Ichiro. And the thing is we even get along well. In an ideal world we would exchange letters, arrange to meet again through our duties. Maybe even contact Nakodo eventually.

Kanae blushed at that thought.

Except that is not how it works. His clan is evil, and I wonder how that will turn out for us. I am not going to marry into that Clan, nor talk to their superiors - and I doubt that, even before that, Ichiro would have no problems with my newfound attitude towards his Clan

Tell me, oh Fortune how to make sense of this
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Country bumpkin
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: Roll for it
Carries: purse, travelling clothes, bow and Ashigaru armour where appropriate
Topaz points: 3

Isawa Mei

Post by Isawa Mei » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:40 am

Lady Benten.

Thank you, as ever, for matching my heart with that of Zoido-kun. By binding my love to that of another, you have set me free.

I know how generous you have been with me, Lady Benten, but if I may ask a further indulgence... do not close Shinjo-san's heart. She is in turmoil, she is angry, but she has, I hope many years to live yet, and I would have her know at least some of the joy that I do.

I also ask that you take pity on Daidoji-san, whatever Shinjo-san decides and wherever her heart leads her. He is a good man, and he saved the life of the man I love. Surely, that service he has rendered you merits some consideration?

Continue to bless Saori-san and Otomo-san. While they will never be allowed to marry in this life, each deserves the happiness brought by the other.

And while we're at it... I continue to pray that Kitsuki-san,Kaiu-san, Kaeru-san, and Utaku-san might know your graces.

And if you could find someone to utterly capture that other ronin's heart and attention to keep him out of trouble and away from me, that would be delightful.

Thank you, Lady Benten, for hearing the prayers of one so young and foolish as I. Help all of the friends I have made in Tsuma as best you can. I ask as one who knows the joy you can bring, on behalf of worthier souls.

Thank you.
Phoenix Clan * Blessed by Benten * Evil Eye * Lucky
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: 5.5
Carries: Biwa, daisho
Bunked at the Grinning Carp Theme Song