[D12, EA] Tea with the Imperials (Expected)

Seppun Daisuke

Re: [D12, EA] Tea with the Imperials (Expected)

Post by Seppun Daisuke » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Why yes, I totally enjoyed watching my kohai fail at everything now that you mention it..... Daisuke thinks with silent sarcasm.

"I found the Test of the Huntsman to be of particular interest. All of the clans excel at training fine warriors and courtiers. However, as bodyguards for the Imperial line, being able to spot things that are wrong before they progress from curious to disastrous is a much rarer skill. As rare as a Tsu Fish egg one might say.", his On suggesting nothing but polite conversation.

He sipped at his tea.

"You were, of course, most impressive at the Test of the Politician, Doji-san. Quite elegant. Which test would you say you enjoyed the most after that?"
NPC * Miharu * Senpai

Glory: 2.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 2.0

"You must put everything, every bit of who you are or will be, into all that you do."

Otomo Shibosha-e

Post by Otomo Shibosha-e » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Shibosha-e sips at her tea again.

It is not a fan, but it will suffice.
Otomo Shibosha-e
Imperial Families * Miharu * More Eager than Skilled
Description
Obviously on person (unless noted): Sturdy clothes (Otomo mon left shoulder, Seppun mon right), emerald pendant on a fine chain
Staying at the Dueling Academy...for now.

Doji Kobiyashi

Post by Doji Kobiyashi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Still completely ignorant of his social blunder with the gift, he sips his tea and contemplated.

“Ah yes, the Test of the Huntsman. I believe I placed dead last in the match. Those eggs were really hard to find for me at least. Thank you for your praise regarding the Test of the Politician. Regarding your question, I believe I enjoyed the Test of the Scholar. The questions that were asked involved honor, duty, and discernment. The answers to such questions weren’t always obvious. I didn’t place in that one but enjoyed it all the same.”

He takes a sip of tea and motions to the Otomo.

“One thing that did not escape my notice was that Otomo-sama always went first in every match. That takes courage and strong belief in one’s self.”
Crane Clan * Courtier * Blessed by Benten * Small *
Status 1.0 Glory 1.0 Honor: Exceptional

Carries: Fan, Extravagant Clothes, misc items

Lodging: Kakita Dueling Academy

Seppun Daisuke

Post by Seppun Daisuke » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Daisuke nods.

"I've always known those to be among her greatest strengths." he offers with a smile towards his former kohai. After all, he didn't want to talk about her like she wasn't here.

"The questions for that test were quite interesting. One can always find spirited debate upon the topics of honor and law during the long months of Winter Court. One discussion I've always been keenly interested in is where a samurai's ultimate loyalty lies: To the Empress Herself, or to the Empire as a whole."

He looks at the pair.

"Having heard many an experienced courtier debate that question, I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of you two on that topic." he offers, taking a sip of his tea.
NPC * Miharu * Senpai

Glory: 2.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 2.0

"You must put everything, every bit of who you are or will be, into all that you do."

Otomo Shibosha-e

Post by Otomo Shibosha-e » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Being gesture to speak, Shibosha-e does.

"I have to think that Her Majesty's father answered that rather decisively. Since the Splendid Emperor acted as he did to preserve the Empire over any one person--including the revered one on the Throne--we can but follow his example, though our trials are far less than his.

"The difficulty, of course, is in knowing when the two are in conflict. And they will typically not be. But were all typical, there would be no need of us, Seppun-sama."
Otomo Shibosha-e
Imperial Families * Miharu * More Eager than Skilled
Description
Obviously on person (unless noted): Sturdy clothes (Otomo mon left shoulder, Seppun mon right), emerald pendant on a fine chain
Staying at the Dueling Academy...for now.

Doji Kobiyashi

Post by Doji Kobiyashi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm

He nods.

“I agree with Otomo-sama. Whether or not someone sits on the throne, the empire will still exist. Over the centuries, many different men and women have commanded the empire, but they do so for the empire. Preservation and well being of the empire is of course what they who sit on the throne strive towards. Should there ever be a time when a choice absolutely had to be made, I would make sure the empire survived. This of course would be no light matter and council should be sought before any action is taken. For what is an emperor or empress without an empire.”
Crane Clan * Courtier * Blessed by Benten * Small *
Status 1.0 Glory 1.0 Honor: Exceptional

Carries: Fan, Extravagant Clothes, misc items

Lodging: Kakita Dueling Academy