Fashion Platter - Hida Yoshihime Q&A

Room for all your end of game Q&A, post-game epilogues, etc.
Usagi Ginhiko

Re: Fashion Platter - Hida Yoshihime Q&A

Post by Usagi Ginhiko »

Hida Yoshihime wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:56 pm
That's the only one I actually remember ending though. XD
We did our best at Winter Court 3, but... yeah :lol:

Shame, really, I was enjoying the hell out of this one. It had the right "comical trainwreck" feel to it.
Hare Clan * Bushi * Famous * Hero of the People * Outran Lightning * Yoriki of Seppun Jinpachi
Glory: 8.1 * Honor: Exceptional * Status: 3.5 * Kemari Queen * Gym Rat

Hida Yoshihime

Post by Hida Yoshihime »

It did. But you need enough players sharing time zones in clusters to really keep it rolling.
Crab * Bushi * Princess * Large * Fashionable * Ever Courteous...but definitely opinionated
Honor: Expected * Status: 3 * Glory 4
Description

Carries: Daisho, fashionable court clothing, fan,

Shosuro Chizuru

Post by Shosuro Chizuru »

I didn't get to know Yoshihime much. I read the description you posted and i caught a few threads, but I wouldn't say I really caught the crux of her. mind sharing your intentions? Where there any moments in the game that helped define or redefine her?
Scorpion Clan ∙ Bushi ∙ Hunter ∙ Tired of Your Crap

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Mask, Pipe, a Knife or two.
Often accompanied by a shikoku called Ki-chan.

Hida Yoshihime

Post by Hida Yoshihime »

The core of the character has had various iterations. The seed is pretty pretty princess Crab. They are always large, strong, stereotypical Crab, and then range from those with no skill in any of the courtly/artistic graces, but deep desire to be so, to this higher point version who's come into all those things but now...has to perform the responsibilities associated with them, and those are so much less straightforward than smashing goblin heads.

This version had a spindly and sickly childhood and was handed off to her Yasuki aunt to raise, developing a child's love of the beautiful fashions of court that never left when she started hitting those growth spurts and it was obvious she was going to be more useful to the clan training in heavy armor than heavy silks.

Things that helped define her: Ending up in a contigent that were all a good deal younger than she was, even at the biggest court in the land, made her less frivolous and pulled me more into considering her experience and time in command and how that would play on her feelings of responsibility.

Having the contest for Lady Otomo and the players joking about sending her a pinup turn into 'well...why not?' Sent me into what her sense of humor was like. Zoido's trust in his companions and their intentions very much developed how I saw her sense of responsibility and camaraderie with this group.

Getting a chance to do just a bit of hunting things, made it clear that, unlike some other iterations, if she had to give up one side or the other, it was the dresses and fans that would be abandoned for the clear, clean expression of duty that smashing heads is. The deep satisfaction of knowing in the moment that you're making a difference will always be preferable to Yoshihime than the longer, slower culture and court rewards.
Crab * Bushi * Princess * Large * Fashionable * Ever Courteous...but definitely opinionated
Description

Teika

Post by Teika »

I had a feeling Yoshi was you long before I actually found out. Your 'pretty princess Crab' comment just pinged me as to why! The Bitter Betrothal Space Crab Princess you played for one of my old Banner characters!
Ronin * Courtier * Performer * Smol * Pretteh * Fragile * In service to the Crane * Hero of the People

Glory: A bit (2.1) * Honour: I'm sure I had some somewhere (Untrustworthy)* Status: HA! (0.0)

Hida Yoshihime

Post by Hida Yoshihime »

Yep! She was a different riff on the theme. In a business suit taking power lunches, with all the money and status in the world. She was fun. And yours was some variety of Otomo iirc. Hmm, may end up with two versions of this persona betrothed to Otomo. XD

The much younger, less experienced, giddier version has also been a bitter betrothal NPC back in...maybe Shiro Atogama? While the PC version didn't make it through Kobune. That one reads a bit more like Minami in personality
Description