[EM9] Crab Stance for Defense - Minami Training

A square, practical, defensible building in simple dark blue and grey, surrounded by a sturdy-looking wall. Above the wall's gatehouse is emblazoned the Crab clan mon.
Hiruma Zoido

[EM9] Crab Stance for Defense - Minami Training

Post by Hiruma Zoido »

Zoido had sent Miya Minami the invitation to train in the privacy of the Crab embassy dojo, than the barracks. Especially with the weather, the inside might be a bit better. He stood tall, stretching his arms, waking himself up with a few warm up kinetic stretches. He awaited his student.
Crab | Berserker | Large | Idealistic | Gullible | Cursed and Blessed | Paragon of Courage | Hero Of The People
Honor: What Is Expected | Glory: 6.0 | Status 3.0
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Hiruma Mon, Hida Mon), Daisho, Fan
Danger: Heavy Armor, Tetsubo

Miya Minami
NPC

Re: [EM9] Crab Stance for Defense - Minami Training

Post by Miya Minami »

It WAS really nasty outside. Still, Minami arrived at the embassy, her gi being revealed after stripping off the outer layers.

"Geez, it's cold out this morning, Hiruma-san. You ever have a Winter like this in Crab lands?" Minami asked, along with a polite bow of greeting.
Imperial • Courtier • NPC
"Oops!"
Honor: Exceptional • Glory: 1.0 • Status: 2.0

Hiruma Zoido

Post by Hiruma Zoido »

"Sometimes. The biting wind and cold can be brutal on the wall." He responded, bowing to her with broad smile. "Good morning, Miya-sama." He approached, as servants came and took the outer layers, making sure they were taken care of properly. "How have you been?"
Crab | Berserker | Large | Idealistic | Gullible | Cursed and Blessed | Paragon of Courage | Hero Of The People

Miya Minami
NPC

Post by Miya Minami »

Minami smiled.

"Well enough, Hiruma-san. I hope that your time in Naishou has continued to be pleasant as well." she offered. "So...what are we doing today? Not more balls I hope."
"Oops!"

Hiruma Zoido

Post by Hiruma Zoido »

"No. I think... maybe something more traditional." He mused, moving to the center of the dojo. "Defensive kata. We'll work through the motions, but... it should be easy to follow along." He indicated as he began the lesson. He was deliberate in his motions, though it also meant slowing himself down. Showcasing where the feet fell, how the body moved.

Trying to make it easier for her to follow along, made it more difficult for him to perform the routine. Trying to be more deliberate, his footwork was wrong, and he tripped over himself, slamming headfirst into the dojo mat.

"I'm sorry, Miya-sama..." He spoke without standing yet. "I've let you down today."

EM9 - Crab Stance for Defense - Training Miya Minami for Defense (Reflexes 3, Defense 1, 1CR, VP +1k1, TN25): 5d10o10k4 25 should have been a 30 TN. Fail

Miya Minami
NPC

Post by Miya Minami »

Minami gasped at the mighty form of HIruma Zoido faceplanting.

"Oh no...you're ok, aren't you Hiruma-san?" she asked, clearly concerned.
"Oops!"

Hiruma Zoido

Post by Hiruma Zoido »

"I've suffered worse." He chuckled, slowly pushing himself back up to his feet. Brushing his hair back, he offered her a smile. "I broke my ribs doing a tetsubo demonstration in Tsuma, during the Topaz Championships." He chuckled, patting himself on the side. "That... wasn't the instruction I was trying to demonstrate, honest."

Miya Minami
NPC

Post by Miya Minami »

Minami smiled.

"Well the Crab ARE supposed to be very tough. It didn't seem like the trick to learning their indestructible nature was through kissing the tatami mat." she said with a shake of the head.

"But really, Hiruma-san, you haven't failed me. You were trying to slow things down so I could pick up on them....and I'm just too slow for you to get down to my level. It's really not your fault."
"Oops!"