GM Questions Thread

Here we gather, sharing open threads, memorable moments, and other craziness.
Shosuro Chizuru

Re: GM Questions Thread

Post by Shosuro Chizuru »

One here
Scorpion Clan ∙ Bushi ∙ Hunter ∙ Tired of Your Crap

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Mask, Pipe, a Knife or two.
Often accompanied by a shikoku called Ki-chan.

Usagi Ginhiko

Post by Usagi Ginhiko »

Where would I find a certain young Yasuda and her bother in the Early Morning?
Hare Clan * Bushi * Famous * Hero of the People * Outran Lightning * Not Wealthy * Yoriki of Seppun Jinpachi
Glory: 7.6 * Honor: Exceptional * Status: 3.5 * Kemari Queen * Gym Rat

Ukanomitama
Fresh Greens

Post by Ukanomitama »

Usagi Ginhiko wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 pm
Where would I find a certain young Yasuda and her bother in the Early Morning?
Near the mansion that also featured in the "Has anyone seen my sister"-thread, in the Southern quarter.

Yasuki Aiyuri

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

I think I remember something about this but can't find it:

If you want to write a letter to a specific PC or NPC, follow the same steps as the game of letters since it's assumed it will probably be read along the way; And then most Game of Letters letters are just there to be put up somewhere and passed around?
Crane Yasuki ♡ Merchant ♡ Courtier ♡ Sumai ♡ Temptress ♡ Uber Famous Once More ♡ Official Bouncemaster-General
usual gear/appearance: revealing kimono, folding fan, personal chop, wakizashi, coin purse, the smell of expensive perfume

Fukurokujin
Wise Guy
Location: The Celestial Heavens of the Beautiful Texas Hill Country

Post by Fukurokujin »

Yasuki Aiyuri wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 am
I think I remember something about this but can't find it:

If you want to write a letter to a specific PC or NPC, follow the same steps as the game of letters since it's assumed it will probably be read along the way; And then most Game of Letters letters are just there to be put up somewhere and passed around?
If you're writing a non-Game letter, it goes to whom you want it to go. Let a GM know; it'll get there.

If you're writing a Game letter, the NPC you need to have see it will see it (noting which to the GMs will help, thanks). PCs have to figure things out; it's part of being a protagonist.

And, yes, Games letters are public.

I hope this helps; please let me know if more clarification is needed.
Experienced 3 Fortune of Wisdom
Soul of Seppun Yamaedo
Naishou GM Team
That would be wise...

Asako Reiko

Post by Asako Reiko »

Is the Reconstruction: Dealing with Disease Treatment roll one that requires the (Disease) emphasis such as per RAW or is it a general Medicine check that benefits from the emphasis?
Phoenix • Bushi • Wary • Wannabe Inquisitor • Yoriki

Carries: Daisho, court acceptable if average kimono in scarlet, jade, jitte where appropriate
Facing danger: Daisho, light armor, sturdy dark clothing, yumi, jade, jitte

Ukanomitama
Fresh Greens

Post by Ukanomitama »

Asako Reiko wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm
Is the Reconstruction: Dealing with Disease Treatment roll one that requires the (Disease) emphasis such as per RAW or is it a general Medicine check that benefits from the emphasis?
The latter (benefits from the emphasis, does not require it). It'd be too specific and no one would have that emphasis ;)

Asako Reiko

Post by Asako Reiko »

Phoenix • Bushi • Wary • Wannabe Inquisitor • Yoriki

Carries: Daisho, court acceptable if average kimono in scarlet, jade, jitte where appropriate
Facing danger: Daisho, light armor, sturdy dark clothing, yumi, jade, jitte

Hida Yoshihime

Post by Hida Yoshihime »

So, in the Know When to Walk Away event, if it's a tie, does the crime boss Sworn Enemy still happen?

Similarly, do the gear and faction rewards go to nobody in a tie, or everyone? (Hitoshi as a 1/1 Ally is obviously a problem in that scenario. I guess they could write you a reference letter before they do their death haiku?)
Crab * Bushi * Princess * Large * Fashionable * Ever Courteous...but definitely opinionated
Honor: Expected * Status: 3 * Glory 4
Description

Carries: Daisho, fashionable court clothing, fan,

Saibankan
Despair Bear

Post by Saibankan »

Hida Yoshihime wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 pm
So, in the Know When to Walk Away event, if it's a tie, does the crime boss Sworn Enemy still happen?

Similarly, do the gear and faction rewards go to nobody in a tie, or everyone? (Hitoshi as a 1/1 Ally is obviously a problem in that scenario. I guess they could write you a reference letter before they do their death haiku?)
The only sworn enemy that would be granted in such an event would be the one for a person having multiple obligations and choosing a side. In the event of a tie, the only reward that goes out is Seppeku.....for the npc, not the players ;)
Non-Human * Mastermind * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * AGM
"Disrupt law and order, and you get punished for it. Isn't that how society works?"