Day 4, EE - Medicine 101

As befits the clan who has in the end claimed control of the province, Naishou's Crane are housed within the palace itself.
Yasuki Aiyuri

Re: Day 4, EE - Medicine 101

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

Ai took Hikari's wrist almost immediately, "Don't. ...and don't get me wrong, your hair being up is very beautiful as well, but with it down like this, you look more young and vibrant. I am not joking when I say I appreciate the aesthetics of it a lot. And when I say you are very beautiful."

At this point, Aiyuri was kneeling right in front of Hikari, holding the other woman's wrist gently as she looked into Hikari's eyes.

"...I think I said something about how nice your skin is earlier and how much of a shame it was to mar it, but that beauty is more than skin deep, if you will pardon the cliché."
Crane Yasuki ♡ Merchant ♡ Courtier ♡ Sumai ♡ Temptress ♡ Uber Famous Once More ♡ Official Bouncemaster-General
usual gear/appearance: revealing kimono, folding fan, personal chop, wakizashi, coin purse, the smell of expensive perfume

Asahina Hikari

Post by Asahina Hikari »

Hikari looked at her wrist and the hand that belonged to the samurai sitting in front of her. Her eyes followed up the arm and finally found Aiyuri's eyes. She stared for a few seconds, not sure exactly what to say, until finally she spoke. "....I'll leave it down....if you like."

The words came out very low in volume, just a step up from a whisper. The hairpin fell from her hand as she continued. "Perhaps I'll rethink my teaching strategy then." The next thing out of her mouth was nervous laughter, to compliment the blushing of her cheeks. Her eyes then went down and away from Aiyuri's.
Crane Clan • Doctor • Artisan • Air Shugenja • Nearsighted • Exorcist
Glory: 5.4 • Status 3.0 • Honor: Exceptional

Yasuki Aiyuri

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

Aiyuri stared a moment, eyes like a hawk's spotting a mouse before she slowly let go of Hikari's wrist and sat back.

"That was all I meant before in my objections. It is up to you in the end though; If you find hands on experience is what motivates and teaches students, then I my simple objection can hardly hold any real weight, no?"
Crane Yasuki ♡ Merchant ♡ Courtier ♡ Sumai ♡ Temptress ♡ Uber Famous Once More ♡ Official Bouncemaster-General
usual gear/appearance: revealing kimono, folding fan, personal chop, wakizashi, coin purse, the smell of expensive perfume

Asahina Hikari

Post by Asahina Hikari »

"Does it make sense to possibly scar my body in the transferring of knowledge? Maybe not, I get too passionate about it sometimes, look too far out ahead without looking at the present. It at least warrants a review. Your simple objection is enough to have me think about it at least....tailor my lessons to the student."

It was a rather drastic approach to teaching, she had to admit that. An unorthodoxed one as well. Still, practical experience could be gained in other ways.

"Sometimes it's good to have someone give you another perspective. In more ways than one..."

Yasuki Aiyuri

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

"Well, better too much passion than too little. I like to think it means those you care for are in good hands."

A soft smile and Ai sat back, "Anyways, we should probably call it an evening; I have some things to do before turning in. Sorry I spent so much time going on about things. I probably could have practiced a lot more if I hadn't run my mouth so much."

She chuckled lightly as she stood, "Still, i ty seems we both learned things, so I definitely don't consider it a waste."

Asahina Hikari

Post by Asahina Hikari »

"I'm glad you think that way. About the passion that is. It has been an honor instructing you, and I'm glad to have learned from you as well." She looked down at the hair pins she had taken out of her hair, fighting the urge to put them back in. She opened her mouth to say something else, but closed it and thought for a second.

"Perhaps we can continue to teach each other. I think I would enjoy that. And this has not been a waste, not even close. Nobody could say an evening spent you you is a waste."

Yasuki Aiyuri

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

Aiyuri noticed the look, "You can put them back, Asahina-san. You're beautiful with your hair up too, in a different way. And yes, I'd be interested in more lessons, if we can find time; Miya Minami-sama is a handful in teaching, so I know just how much work teaching and planning lessons can be."

Asahina Hikari

Post by Asahina Hikari »

"No," she started with a smile, "I think I'll leave it down. Miya-sama has a good head for learning medicine, but I don't think her heart is quite into it. That is fine, better to know up front." With that Hikari stood and bowed.

"Yasuki-san, thank you for hosting me, I have enjoyed my time with you. Perhaps you'll hear from me before I hear from you..." Her cheeks went red as she looked doff onto the corner somewhere. "And Hikari will do."

Then began the process of putting off of her stuff away, something she had gotten quite good at with all of the stuff she carried with her.

Yasuki Aiyuri

Post by Yasuki Aiyuri »

"Of course, Hikari-san. And I would be remiss if I did not extend the courtesy to you as well to call me Aiyuri. In fact, it would be an honor."

She thought about asking if she could help put things away, but she almost thought she'd be in the way with the efficiency and orderliness that she was.

Asahina Hikari

Post by Asahina Hikari »

"Ah, right then....Aiyuri-san. I like it." It was odd hearing what chosen name be spoken out loud like that, so few people actually did. Her mind worked as she finished packing, replaying Aiyuri's voice in her head. He concluded that is was a pleasing thing after all.

With everything out away, Hikari stood and offered Aiyuri a bow. Oddly her hand came up. To put it in the other woman's shoulder? She wasn't quite sure, but before she knew it her cheeks were red and her hand had dropped to her side. "An honor....hai...."