Flight Training (D14 - EA)

Even those not on the front lines need to keep themselves in shape. No telling where those lines will be tomorrow, after all.
Suzume Raiki

Flight Training (D14 - EA)

Post by Suzume Raiki » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:36 pm

As Raiki often did when things in his life turned out less than good, he internalized the failure as a reflection of his self and through himself into the dojo to remedy any shortcomings.

He worked his way through a series of kata designed to make him better at evading the enemies' blows.
The Sparrow of Tsuma * Bushi * Paragon * Never Satisfied * Idealist

Shiba Komainu

Re: Flight Training (D14 - EA)

Post by Shiba Komainu » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:46 pm

The Shiba walked into the dojo with her training gi on and interestingly began training with something than was more or less a bokken the size of a spear. Komainu began a series of kata against a poor training dummy. It was a defensive style, clearly designed to use the full range of a spear's reach. After a bit of poking and prodding on the dummy, Komainu finished up and noticed the Sparrow. Bowing, she said, "Fortunes' blessings, Suzume-san. This one notices Suzume-san is working his way to becoming as the wind."
Phoenix Clan • Shiba Bushi • Learned Yojimbo • Resigned to the Will of Heaven • Slayer of Shuzo
Glory: 4. • Status 1. • Honor: Exceptional

Descripton
"As you wish, Isawa-sama."

Suzume Raiki

Post by Suzume Raiki » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:59 am

Raiki finished his motion and stopped, taking the time to bow to the Shiba.

"An aspiration that I ever work towards, Shiba-san. If your enemy cannot hit you, they cannot best you. A few times the other day, I wish I had been more wind-like," he said, recalling the fight they had shared against the bandits.

"You seem to be of a similar mind, I think?" he asked after observing her kata for a moment.

Shiba Komainu

Post by Shiba Komainu » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:33 am

Ah yes, he had weathered many blows that day. On the mention of that day, it was Komainu's turn to bow yet again.

"Your foundation was strong, nevertheless, Suzume-san. This one must apologise for being too rough with the arrow back then." She then straightened up. "And to answer that question, such simply makes use of the yari. If a hit is landed despite such long practice, it was simply meant to be. Such is a bushi's purpose."
Phoenix Clan • Shiba Bushi • Learned Yojimbo • Resigned to the Will of Heaven • Slayer of Shuzo

Descripton

Suzume Raiki

Post by Suzume Raiki » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Raiki nodded.

"You speak truthfully. And yet that has never stopped me from seeking to find a way to avoid the blow, or to win the duel. If the Heavens truly will something, then I shall bear it. But I will never let it be because I did not work to correct my own deficiencies in the process," he replied.

Shiba Komainu

Post by Shiba Komainu » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:54 pm

"This one apologies if this one implied any deficiency on Suzume-san's part." Komainu replied with a bow of the head to the Sparrow. "All we can do is give challenges our all. The rest is in Heaven's hands, as Suzume-san has said."

Descripton

Suzume Raiki

Post by Suzume Raiki » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 am

Raiki shook his head.

"You need not apologize, Shiba-san. My deficiencies are things I am well aware of," he said, a slight smile on his face, "It is why I work so hard to overcome them."

He bowed himself.

"Please, Shiba-san, you have served the Crane even better than I have. A samurai who holds honor and duty close to their heart need never apologize. You are a testament to your clan."

Shiba Komainu

Post by Shiba Komainu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:06 am

"Suzume-san speaks too highly of this one as she has also encountered reminders that learning only ends with grave." Her head remained bowed.

Descripton