[D10, EE: Jimchi Keep]It is Time

This city, once dedicated to Shintao and the Elements, has now become the fortress from which Doji Ayumi commands her army.
Kozue

[D10, EE: Jimchi Keep]It is Time

Post by Kozue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:27 pm

As the sun set on another day of battle, a ronin scout who had been seen around there frequently entered the keep. She sought an audience with Doji Ayumi, and bore a scroll with her. She wore the same cared for kimono she had brought with her the last time she met with the Crane commander, only this time her heart was a little heavier than before.

What she was going to present was not easy to deal with.

Still, she sent her petition to meet with Ayumi and then waited, hoping Crane hospitality would win her some time.

Sada-chan had accompanied her this time, but if asked to wait outside would be a good girl in doing so.
Ronin ∙ Bushi ∙ Crane Supporter ∙ Unproven Scout

"If I'm apologizing all day for what I do, I'd never get anything else done. It's time to act."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Re: [D10, EE: Jimchi Keep]It is Time

Post by Doji Ayumi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:56 am

It had been another long day of dispatching orders and receiving naught but reports of defeat. Still, as weary as she was, Ayumi granted the ronin an audience.

"Kozue-san, I hope this day finds you well at least." she offers with a gracious bow.
Crane Clan • Samurai • Iron Crane • NPC (Saibankan)
"Without a partner, the dance of conflict is meaningless."

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm

"Well enough that I thank you for the asking, Doji-sama", she bowed, but looked uneasy at Ayumi. She had expected something, but it had not come. Even though her blades were left at the entrance to commander's office, she still had a knife that could deal with the situation, if Ayumi had become a target rather than an ally.

"If I'm apologizing all day for what I do, I'd never get anything else done. It's time to act."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:59 pm

"Hmmm, that is well. And how is your mother?" she asked, which to anyone not in the know sounded perfectly innocuous

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Kozue seemed to relax slightly.

"My mother? Well, you should know. You killed her."

She let the silence eat away at the moment.

"Honorably, of course", she added eventually, though unnecessary. She should have thought of a more proper exchange.

She cleared her throat. "In any case, Doji-sama, the work I've done has been long and involved, Isawa-sama as I had mentioned gathered some of us and we've visited many sites to aid in his research. It would seem we'll be finishing tomorrow, or perhaps the following day. That being said, it's all in my report."

She pushed a scroll toward her that explained the situation.

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Ayumi nodded, and took the report reading over it.

"I see. Unfortunately, your request for extra supplies has been denied. Our quartermasters simply have nothing left in stock." she says, alluding to the special requests the ronin had made.

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:30 pm

"I see", she said. "I have to stress that it is important that security be of a great concern, given that. This opponent likes to make a mess of things everywhere it goes. A scout coming to you with a report might not be who you thought they were, and might bare false information to cause a catastrophe."

"In the end though, perhaps I will have attracted enough of their attention. Be certain to take note of the end of my report though, Doji-sama. The information there is very important, and comes with a great risk to anyone who knows it."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Ayumi read the report, and stared thoughtfully off in to the distance for awhile.

"I am directly responsible for hundreds of lives, Kozue-san. I am indirectly responsible for thousands of lives. There is nothing in my training or experience that gives me the ability to protect a single one of them from this threat." she said.

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm

"It can't know everything", she said. "And indirectly everyone is is target. We only have to think about what it wants right now. And we can both imagine one who may have insight."

"I am hunting the problem, but the more who have direct knowledge, the more difficult it will be. I have similarly, but with less finesse, also warned the other camps involved in this conflict."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 am

Ayumi considers it.

"Saori-sama needs to know." she says, referring to the Governor. "If the problem is as big as you claim, it will not limit itself to military theaters of operations."

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 pm

"You would be correct, it will affect all ways of life", she agreed. "Doji-sama should be warned, but I'll have to leave that to you."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Ayumi frowned slightly at that.

"I would like you to meet with her. Your expertise may be needed to answer questions she will have."

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

"My word isn't the same as yours", Kozue countered. "Even with you standing by me."

She smiled, a bit sadly.

"If you go there and purely state your scouts have reported this, and that you have operatives who have verified the information, I think it would be enough for her. For her to doubt your word would be difficult to accept as a truth."

Doji Ayumi
NPC

Post by Doji Ayumi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Ayumi shook her head.

"I fully understand the difference in standing. My concern is not her doubt, but that she may have questions that I cannot answer. Not of veracity, but you simply seem to know more about the situation."

"I can assure you, no one is going to question how you came by this knowledge. A ronin's past is no more than waves that have already receded from the shoreline."

Kozue

Post by Kozue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 pm

"then we need to hurry. We should go now", she said.