And Now, the Weather...

You'll find character generation and house rules, NPC lists, and historical and regional documents here!
Obsidian Dragon
Site Admin

Re: And Now, the Weather...

Post by Obsidian Dragon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Day 25 - Serpent 5, 1168

The skies are bright once more today, and a heavy southern wind is blowing in warmer, comfortable temperatures. All in all, a good day for outdoor activities, if you've got any loose clothing or equipment tied down well.

Words On the Wind

Been a nice, quiet few days.
Yeah, like something's come in to blow away all the weirdness we've been dealing with for the last month.

Heard the Yasuki gubernatorial candidate rode out on her own yesterday, and didn't make it back.
You think she got on someone's bad side by announcing her bid for the big chair?
That, or she crossed someone in a business deal, and needed to get out of town until the heat died down.

What's all the ruckus about the ronin woman and her weird kids? Isawa-sama's had them under lock and key.
It's not just that - there's like four different parties outdoing each other trying to take her in - the Unicorn guy she's been seen with, the Phoenix architect and his bride-to-be, the Crane shugenja...and the Scorpion courtier, for some reason.
I just don't get this. Samurai ways aren't the same as normal folk, I suppose.
Nonhuman • Dragon • Obsidian • Shugenja • Cavalry • Unique
It is the last remant of Lord Onnotangu, the fallen Lord Moon.
Head GM • Forum Administrator

Obsidian Dragon
Site Admin

Post by Obsidian Dragon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:52 am

Day 26 - Serpent 6, 1168

Yesterday's wind has brought today's clouds, and temperatures remain comfortably warm - perfect for today's Festival of the Second Thunders.

Words On the Wind

So the Crab candidate got recalled, then. I guess that's a relief - nothing weird behind it.
Agreed. If we're going to have more people leave suddenly or disappear, it should at least be for normal reasons.

A Phoenix-trained Kuni is set to watch over the ronin and her weird kids. Odd judgement, that, but I suppose if anyone's able to cut down on the older girl's weird late-night walks, it'd be that magistrate.

Just a few days left and this could all be over. Whether it's to be peace or war, I'll just be glad to have the whole thing not hanging over our heads anymore.

There's apparently a final push underway to clear out the Ichinori Mura curse. You think they can really do it?
Maybe...we've seen less likely outcomes over the last month.
I kinda feel sorry for the Ichinori people, though - how are they going to adjust to being thrust back out into the larger world after all these years?

Obsidian Dragon
Site Admin

Post by Obsidian Dragon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Day 27 - Serpent 7, 1168

We're in for another bout of cold weather today, but with clear skies it should still be a good one for most activities.

Words On the Wind

So this is it - the governor's off making the decision today.
Yeah, so everyone's a bit on edge, waiting for the hammer to fall.
It's probably going to be the Crane, since they've got the Dragon and Phoenix behind them
Yeah, with the Lion and Unicorn staying neutral and the Crab in disarray after Yasuki-san's recall, there's not really anyone else to pull together to support Kasuga-san, or anyone else for that matter.
Maybe...but the Lion's statement in court yesterday was kind of ominous, wasn't it? No good choices, they claim...you think they're going to try to force this into war?
Probably, and if the Scorpion do the same, we're in for a rough time...

Obsidian Dragon
Site Admin

Post by Obsidian Dragon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 am

Day 28 - Serpent 8, 1168

It's a bad omen for the future of Naishou - on the day we're to discover who will take possession of the province, we're hit with the most severe thunderstorm of the season and temperatures only just over freezing. The superstitious will claim that this presages a stormy future...

Words On the Wind

Asahina Aoshi was found dead in his room yesterday morning.
Aww, I really liked the old guy, but I guess when it's your time, it's your time.
Yeah, but what I heard, it wasn't his time in that manner. The magistrates found a pair of mysterious notes in his room.
Really? What did they say?
One was just a bloody handprint, but the other one said, "A monk with interesting friends in a basement. You are all in our sights." and signed with a black handprint.
Wow....that sounds ominous. What do you think they mean?

Otherwise, the hallways of the palace and streets of the city are silent. The whole of Naishou is holding its breath, waiting to see what path their future will take.