[D8LM] Questions and More Questions

Naturally, the Fortune of Artistry has a site dedicated to her in a city built around performance and the arts. Those who wish to host a successful play or exhibition, or who seek acceptance into the Shosuro Academy, make their offerings here.
Mirumoto Daigo

[D8LM] Questions and More Questions

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 am

It was strange, not having anything to do. Daigo had finished breakfast with Oharu and Shizuko, and now found himself somewhat at loose ends. Nothing to investigate until the evening, no activities, nothing happening.

Come to think of it, he'd never quite actually seen the Temple of Sadahako properly. Every time he'd gone there, he'd been interrupted.

Well... time to give it one more time. See if things really did come in threes.
Dragon Clan • Investigator • Permanent Wound • It's Medicinal, Really
Carries: Wakizashi, calligraphy kit, notebook
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Re: [D8LM] Questions and More Questions

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:39 am

Kiyomizu was wandering around a little aimlessly when he spotted the Mirumoto and smiled to himself. A moment later and he pops up next to the Kitsuki trained Dragon.

Hoping that he had surprised the keen eyed investigator the monk bows and says in a slightly louder than normal voice. "Well met Mirumoto-san!"
Pretty | Tattooed | Difficult | Dragon | Monk | Cursed
Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: Nothing Special
Items: Jug, weathered robes, tattoo kit, paper & brush, fists

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 am

It was hard to sneak up on a Kitsuki. You had to be very good. Kiyomizu was not quite that good.

Just before he closed in, Daigo turned, frowning darkly, one hand going for... unfortunately, his wakizashi. If anything, his expression only darkened further when he recognized the Hoshi.

"Hoshi-san." He said, straightening. He was silent a moment, scowling. "What are you playing at?"

------------------------------------------

D8LM, spotting Kiyomizu, wtf, TN 32: 7d10o10k4+5 36
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:21 am

"I was hoping to surprise you! I have never managed to surprise one of your order before. They train you lot too well." He is slightly put out but also rueful. "And please Kiyomizu is fine, we are cousins after a fashion, it feels rude to be so formal. Have you enjoyed the city? I haven't been so terribly weirded out in months!"

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am

After a moment, Daigo's scowl cleared just a little. "Hoshi-san..." He said with a sigh. "Time and place. Time and place. A Scorpion city isn't the place, and this time isn't good for me, either."

He relented a little further. "Alright. Kiyomizu-san." There was a short pause, Daigo's jaw working. "And you can call me Daigo." He finally said, albeit grudgingly.

"Weird out? You don't say." Daigo said, his tone dry. Still, he studied the monk, his eyes narrowing. "What's been weirding you out?"
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 pm

"The city of course! Everyone is wearing masks and pretending to be some one they are not. I mean just look around!" Kiyomizu takes a moment to spin a little laughing. "Between you and me I hate masks. Creepy and they make hiding evil easier, after all how are you supposed to count how many mouths someone has if you can't see them?"

With that hopefully rhetorical question the monk laughs again and then pauses. "But other things too Daigo-san. Like the governor's game. It is too simple, all you have to do is ask yourself a very simple question. What would ruin the game." He puts a finger to his pale cheek. "An incident that can't be covered up, you would need to inform the governor immediately! Decisions would need to be made, secret meetings...but...how to hide that activity? You need a failsafe. Figure out how someone can manage the city from hiding and you have figured out the governor."

The young man stops being serious after a moment and then pokes his other cheek. "I can't think of anything bad though, I wouldn't want to start burning the city over a game. But you mentioned that times are troublesome for you?"

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:22 pm

"Yeah. Mouths. Good point." Daigo said dryly. After a moment he smirked. "You could just listen really carefully. Mouths make noise." But perhaps he shouldn't take the joke too far. Maybe Kiyomizu would think he was serious.

Considering the question of the game, Daigo pursed his lips. "Not necessarily. The governor is new. The advisors are not. They could have been running things for quite some time. And they could keep doing so." He grimaced thoughtfully. "I think the bigger question is if who they say is the governor is actually the governor."

He sighed. "There's a matter I've been looking into. The murder in the bathhouse. It started as a favor for a friend." He shook his head. "But even basic facts have proven troublesome. Multiple identities, that sort of thing. The only thing that ties them together is a plain white mask. Besides that..." He shrugged.
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

"There was a creature who looked human except for its second mouth. Put a mask on him and he could walk around pretending to be Bayushi Momotsu. Such events make one cautious." Kiyomizu is serious. His hatred of hidden evil is absolute.

"Though I am not happy to point this out...the best person to be the governor from a tactical perspective is Shosuro Michie. The actual person would need protection and the guards establish that. Though I think that is a fake out, the protection will be less obvious. But who knows it could be anyone. My bet is the loudest person around! Someone who always lets you know their opinion..." His train of thought rounding a bend the monk shrugs. "But you mentioned blank masks? Like this one?"

There is a moment as he fishes around in his pocket sleeve for the mask before putting it on his face with a flourish. "I am Bayushi Takuboku, feared by all." His voice is much deeper and comes across quite compelling.

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Daigo stared at Kiyomizu for rather a long time. "Yeah. Kinda like that." A bit more time passed.

Smirking, Daigo spread his hands. "I don't suppose you're behind it all, then. The mastermind of the conspiracy? Although the conspiracy to do what, I can only guess..." Actually, he did have a guess, but guesses were worth the paper they weren't written on. "Still, if you confess, I promise I'll go easy on you." He chuckled softly.

Narrowing his eyes, he gave Kiyomizu a curious look. "What are you doing with that, anyway?" His frown deepened. "I've heard some things about someone who should be wearing green wearing masks instead."
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 pm

"I won it, and then I wore it." He pulls it to the side. "To the banquet that first day. I was putting on a show for our hosts but they didn't seem to like that I was fooling their other guests. Can't say it has kept me up at night though."

This mask isn't so bad. Though Kiyomizu is not inclined to appreciate it it. "I make a convincing Scorpion."

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm

"You think so?" Daigo's eyes narrowed further. "It takes more than a mask to make a Scorpion. It takes a different attitude. Behavior. A different walk and talk."

He stepped a little closer. "But I don't need to tell you all this. You already know it. That much is obvious." Daigo's frown deepened. "Have our hosts taken offense at your portrayal? They might prefer to be the only actors in town."
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Mirumoto Daigo wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm
"You think so?" Daigo's eyes narrowed further. "It takes more than a mask to make a Scorpion. It takes a different attitude. Behavior. A different walk and talk."

He stepped a little closer. "But I don't need to tell you all this. You already know it. That much is obvious." Daigo's frown deepened. "Have our hosts taken offense at your portrayal? They might prefer to be the only actors in town."
"I wouldn't know, haven't asked. But they were obviously impressed enough to give me a role." He laughs. "Not that I didn't have one to begin with. Friendly Dragon is friendly."

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Hoshi Kiyomizu wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 pm
"I wouldn't know, haven't asked. But they were obviously impressed enough to give me a role." He laughs. "Not that I didn't have one to begin with. Friendly Dragon is friendly."
"They gave you a role? Really?" Daigo crossed his arms in front of his chest. "What sort of role?" Alarm bells began to ring in the back of Daigo's mind. Or maybe they just continued to ring; seems like they'd been going off for a while now.
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:14 pm

"That is a secret my cousin. Though it shouldn't be hard to guess given the uh...mask." The monk laughs again and takes it off to show him.

Solid white, thick, no mouth. Anonymous.

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Daigo studied it briefly. After a few moments, he glanced back at Kiyomizu.

"Give me all the details. If you would." He said. He smiled. "At this point, I've seen a sketch. I want to see the full model. Who told you this, exactly? And what did they want you to do?"

He spread his hands. "I hope you understand my concern. It's a strange role they asked you to play. I'd like to know why."
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Mirumoto Daigo wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 pm
Daigo studied it briefly. After a few moments, he glanced back at Kiyomizu.

"Give me all the details. If you would." He said. He smiled. "At this point, I've seen a sketch. I want to see the full model. Who told you this, exactly? And what did they want you to do?"

He spread his hands. "I hope you understand my concern. It's a strange role they asked you to play. I'd like to know why."
"Strange? This whole city is a love song to Sincerity, of course it is strange!" The monk calms down after giggling a little and puts on a straight face. "The karo asked, gave me sanction. The purpose is to act out an agent targeting a Crane sabatour among the ronin or monks. Find and destroy. Sadly no sabatours could be found."

Kiyomizu shrugged off the disappointment.

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Hoshi Kiyomizu wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 pm
"Strange? This whole city is a love song to Sincerity, of course it is strange!" The monk calms down after giggling a little and puts on a straight face. "The karo asked, gave me sanction. The purpose is to act out an agent targeting a Crane sabatour among the ronin or monks. Find and destroy. Sadly no sabatours could be found."

Kiyomizu shrugged off the disappointment.
Daigo was continuing to look as though he'd bitten into something exceptionally sour. On the other hand, it wasn't too far off from his usual expression.

"Why did you agree to this?" He finally asked bluntly. "And how sure are you that that's actually what they wanted you to do?"
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 am

Mirumoto Daigo wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Daigo was continuing to look as though he'd bitten into something exceptionally sour. On the other hand, it wasn't too far off from his usual expression.

"Why did you agree to this?" He finally asked bluntly. "And how sure are you that that's actually what they wanted you to do?"
"Three reasons, the first, it was given with a offer of 'or else you die here and we apologize to your lord', the second, I like the cut of the governor's cloth, and the third, it seemed like tremendous fun." Kiyomizu is getting the feeling that Daigo is not very happy with him. Not entirely important but annoying.

"And not very sure at all of course! The Scorpion don't like to actually do work on their backstories. They prefer to let misdirection do the work for them, their opponents outthinking themselves." The monk shrugs sadly. "If I had to absolutely guess? The purpose was to make me someone else's problem."

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:25 am

Daigo smiled wryly at the eccentric monk. "It's that last one that's got me concerned. I'm sure you can see why."

Daigo grimaced, beginning to pace back and forth. Sometimes he would glance at Kiyomizu, his brows drawn down. Finally, he stopped.

"Anything else I should know? As a fellow Dragon? We're all in this together." His eyes narrowed. "The Scorpion may especially see it that way. And I'd rather have you surprise me than them."
Description

Hoshi Kiyomizu

Post by Hoshi Kiyomizu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Mirumoto Daigo wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:25 am
Daigo smiled wryly at the eccentric monk. "It's that last one that's got me concerned. I'm sure you can see why."

Daigo grimaced, beginning to pace back and forth. Sometimes he would glance at Kiyomizu, his brows drawn down. Finally, he stopped.

"Anything else I should know? As a fellow Dragon? We're all in this together." His eyes narrowed. "The Scorpion may especially see it that way. And I'd rather have you surprise me than them."
"I am pretty sure I can figure out who the governor is if you don't mind a little havoc?" The monk looks thoughtful for a moment and then smiles. "But that might be rude to our hosts."