D8, LM Tea and a Tilt

Every inch of this establishment is a study in elegance and refinement. Of note is a wide display of antique fans - currently featured is a collection from a Winter Court held in Kyuden Doji nearly a century ago.
Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

D8, LM Tea and a Tilt

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Bayushi Chikuma had been waiting outside the tea house hours ago when it first opened for the day. She spent the first hour fretting over the best place to sit. Didn't want to be too near the entrance, or near the kitchen. Would the seat next to these fans be too suggestive? Not suggestive enough?

She'd then spent an hour pouring over the teahouse's menu. Black tea for wakefulness? No, he was a Crane, he deserved an oolong. Which one? Which snacks would be best?

Finally, she spent another hour fussing with her formal kimono and her mask. She had to be perfect, otherwise she'd have missed her chance forever.

She conservatively estimated she would be ready for this meeting in another week, perhaps two.

But she did not have nearly that long, and soon he would arrive.
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Re: D8, LM Tea and a Tilt

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Hachi hadn't slept terribly well again, but he could only blame himself for not getting earplugs for the night. Hatsuki had warned him after all. Still, he wasn't feeling quite like himself. But given the message he'd received, it would only be rude not to attend.

He might be insensitive but he was never an idiot about court. Mostly. Minus that one time with the hedge, but it was an offense to the senses. He stood by his decision.

He was dressed in his 2nd best kimono and had borrowed a little makeup from Hatsuki to hide his pallor. Jewelry seemed a little much for the early morning, but his hair was combed to luxurious length and he looked quite stunning.

He wandered into the room and looked around, trying to see what Bayushi-san might be. Finally, he spotted her. He glided over, the picture of elegance. "Bayushi-san. To what do I owe this honor?"
Crane I Doji Courtier I Brother to Hatsuki I Blessed by Benten
Carries: Wakizashi, Ikebana supplies, a sake cup, few coins

http://kokosyoga.com/wp-content/uploads ... 8/nama.gif

Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Chikuma practically leapt out of her seat to in her haste to bow to him.

"Oh! Um, Doji-san! Well, uh, you said we should get together again sometime, and the festival is almost over, and I figured you'd probably be heading back to Crane lands after it, so I thought you might like some tea, so I invited you to tea...." she rushes out.

She blinks a moment.

"Um, so tea?" she finishes looking desperately for the server.
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm

He smiled at her. "I would love some tea. Thank you Bayushi-san." He sat and waited for the server to arrive. "What shall we have Bayushi-san?" He said, deferring to his host and playing with her a little.

Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:11 pm

"Well, I thought Shiba's Sunset would be a nice blend." she offers readily. "It has this lovely citrus scent, and the flavor is quite elegant."

While she discusses her well reasoned choice of tea, Hachi's head started to feel warm.
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 pm

He feels the warmth and finds it a little startling. Maybe all this missed sleep is making me sick. "It sounds quite lovely. But do you know if they have something a little more cooling? I find myself feeling a little warm today."

Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Stupid Chikuma, Stupid, you should have accounted for the weather! she rebukes herself.

"Um, yes, Doji-san. Something with mint perhaps would be more pleasing?" she offered.

Chikuma motioned to the server with a fan to put in the order.

Meanwhile, the warmth upgraded itself to a stinging sensation in Hachi's scalp while Chikuma's attention was diverted on getting a better tea.
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 pm

He keeps his On though it is a difficult task. "That sounds delightful Bayushi-san. Perfectly cooling." Maybe I was bit by some kind of insect?

Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Chikuma smile despite herself.

You can do it Chikuma! she said placing the order.

She did not notice the Crane discomfort, though the stinging did continue to intensify.

She turned her focus back on him.

"So, Doji-san what do you think of......" she begins, when suddenly it happened. Was it a small shift in position from the Crane when she turned back around? Was it a server walking by? Whatever it was....

a small clump of long white hairs fluttered to the table.

"Oh, um, Doji-san, you dropped......." offers Chikuma grabbing the liberated lock of hair before realizing what is was....

"Uhhhhhhhh......"
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 pm

He saw it but he didn't believe it. The stinging was all too easily explained. Someone was playing a prank. And that someone had chosen the wrong target.

"Ahh. I see. I had wondered why I was feeling oddly. Bayushi-san, it appears I am unwell. I must ask that we continue this tea at another time. I hope you will pardon me my departure." He bowed, hoping more hair would not fall as he did so.

Bayushi Chikuma
NPC

Post by Bayushi Chikuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 pm

More did.

Chikuma was almost too stunned to mutter more than a "Um....sure, Doji-san....." to the back of the departing Crane.
NPC * City Guard * Bushi

Doji Hachi

Post by Doji Hachi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Hachi had never been quite so humiliated in his life. It just showed what came of giving people a chance. It always came back to bite you in the end.

/exit, pursued by hair