[D9LE] Forget It, Jake-san, it's the Painted City

No longer near any bridge, this inn has been painstakingly rebuilt from materials salvaged from the original, which once sat on the contentious Lion-Scorpion border. Though the hospitality offered is rather humble, prices are quite reasonable.
Kuni Oharu

Re: [D9LE] Forget It, Jake-san, it's the Painted City

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 am

"I hope not!" Oharu couldn't but chuckle at that. Her cheeks were warm yet she couldn't help but nuzzle into the warmth of Daigo's hand, perhaps inadvertently mimicking a ratling's show of affecting. "This was good...good."

Having enough of a listen of his heart, she inched up further so that he could properly rest his chin on her head if need be than strain too much. "It's not entirely a bad-bad thing, although I think I can deal with fewer-less spies. I doubt it would ever get simple. Simpler? Hai-hai...I don't know if we would really-really end up ever chasing fewer-less mystery-mysteries in our lives."

"Here-here, or elsewhere," she gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "Buuut I get the feeling that this place will continue to generate its share of questions, in a planned production or not. Besides, I will give you back that book. Preferably, in person! Do you think it would be so inspiring that I'll start fight-fighting justice with my fists?"
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Bad Reputation: Eccentric • Dangerous Beauty • Inexperienced Version
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.3 • Infamy: 1.5 • Honour: Untrustworthy

Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi, satchel, fan, sake cup, some coins, Yogo Sayaka's fan

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 am

"Yeah." Daigo said, smiling as she nuzzled his hand. "It was." His voice was a little rough, and, with her head on his chest, sounded even deeper than usual.

In fact, Daigo found then inching itself rather pleasant, and if she was going to let him rest his chin on her head, who was he to argue? He kissed the top of her head before doing just that. "No." His smile was audible in his voice, even if she couldn't see it. "That's clearly not the path either of us would choose, even if we could. We're more the sort to explore the maze, not just get to the end of it."

His arm, warm about her shoulders, shifted briefly as she shrugged, then settled again. "Yeah. Someday. I'd like that." His eyes flickered over towards the table where the book was. "Until then, well..." He sighed again, as pleasantly as before. "We'll always have the Painted City."

He laughed softly, squeezing her just a little. "Maybe! It didn't work that way for me. Although don't think I can't still get a little rough when I need to." He took a deep breath. "But... I think it's more for just when you need something simpler. Working too many hard cases can wear on a person. Sometimes it's nice to deal with something simple and fun. Like a monk that punches evil right in the face."
Dragon Clan • Investigator • Permanent Wound • It's Medicinal, Really
Carries: Wakizashi, calligraphy kit, notebook
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:03 am

"Hai-hai! Everyone gets to the end eventually, exploring is much more fun-fun and no point rushing anything." Whether or not Oharu meant more than the maze analogy, it wasn't intentional. She merely thought back on that maze walk they took a while back.

"Mmmhmm," Oharu murmured with a few small nods of her head without disturbing Daigo's resting place too much. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking advantage of the human pillow that was Daigo for a moment. It would have been nice if they solved that mystery, however she fought with herself for a short bit to make that only a minor part to the entirety of her stay. That wasn't just about Daigo either, but the other people and the pleasant times she had in the contests.

She giggled at the squeezes and gave Daigo a few nudges during her squirms. "Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best! Buuut, maybe-probably not this one. I don't think I'll make it down the block until the yoriki jump me for disruptive behaviour. Either way, I think I'll be happy enough with Togashi-san doing the punch-punching for me."
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Bad Reputation: Eccentric • Dangerous Beauty • Inexperienced Version

Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi, satchel, fan, sake cup, some coins, Yogo Sayaka's fan

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 am

Daigo cocked one eyebrow at the phrasing, but either way, he agreed with the sentiment. And so, for a few moments, he was content to just lie there with Kuni Oharu, gorgeous dame that she was, resting peacefully in his arms. It was pretty nice, just listening to the sound of her breathing, the scent of her hair brushing his nose, her warmth against his.

Or maybe not so peacefully. Daigo laughed as she squirmed against him, nudging him. "Hey, you!" He said, still laughing. Nothing to do but playfully nudge her back of course, his free hand coming up. The resting was nice, but so was the play, of course.

"Mmm." His thoughtful frown was much more gentle than usual. "Yeah, there's only so much punching you can do." He shrugged, his arm shifting against her. "Still, maybe it's good to remember other methods are out there. I mean, I've got my way of doing things. But part of why I came here was to learn about how the Scorpion do things." He gently nudged her with his hip. "I liked the Kuni way, too." Most of his fellows weren't so keen on dissecting bodies, for instance.
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:03 am

Oharu might have an advantage here if the battle escalated to more nudges and squeezing, knowing the vitals on a human, not that she would abuse such knowledge in playful lovetaps! "Hey, me? Hey, you! You started it!"

"Okay, okay, maybe-probably I'll think about dialling back on the punch-punching idea buy only if people are choosing to be cooperative with me. If they choose to be jerks, it's not my fault-fault if they walk into my punch-punch!" she grinned broadly at that, trying to look innocent and failing entirely. "Heee, glad you like the Kuni way, not exactly a lot of people would be fine-fine knowing that went on...let along be in the same room."

She dug her toes into the futon to give her some grip so that she could inch up more now, facing him directly as she used his arm as a pillow. "Oooh yeah, and how far-far did you get with the Scorpion method? Soshi-san seemed like one tough cookie. You probably-maybe could get the weather out of her sooner than the time of day."

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:34 am

Tilting his head, Daigo smirked at her. "Maybe I did." He said playfully. But, of course, while she had the Kuni knowledge of anatomy, he had the Kitsuki technique. Here, he used to to know he'd better not start a battle he wouldn't be able to finish.

In exchange for the innocent look Oharu gave him, Daigo gave her his best suspicious glare, his eyes narrowing. It was slightly marred by his own grin. "Yeah, well... I think it was because I started with Mirumoto training. Although, I guess most Mirumoto wouldn't do that either." He sighed, stroking her back with his hand. "I guess I figured that since I didn't have quite as much training as the other students, I'd have to try extra hard. And maybe that meant doing things they wouldn't." His eyes narrowed, just a little. "I guess most Kuni are a bit more flexible that way?"

Again, Daigo found himself laughing softly as Oharu squirmed her way up. He shifted, letting her settle more comfortably on his arm. His smile slowly faded at her question. "Not far. But enough." He sighed. "Soshi-san is alright, but she's very guarded. And Bayushi Chikuma-san the same. I think the bad ones use the good ones to cover for them." It was a dreary subject, but it didn't bring him down too much; Daigo idly toyed with Oharu's hair as he spoke.
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:37 pm

"It's not something-something that's for everyone," she grinned before adopting an elderly and gruff tone, perhaps pretending to be some Lion elder. "It's supposed to be improper and uncouth, you know!"

"But I don't mind that fewer-less people do it, probably-maybe for the best," she nodded. Considering the Rain and other infernal business, it was for the best that there were fewer people in the Empire playing with bodies. Often, for the wrong reasons too.

"I can't say-say much about Kuni schools and other stuff...Because Kuni don't have that," she smirked. "We get tutored mostly individually and my dad teach-taught me whatever he thought was important, that was mostly zapping and dissecting stuff." Mostly in that order.

If Daigo was going to play with her hair, Oharu was thinking she could do the same. She took some strands and positioning it under her nose like a villainous mustache. "It could be in their nature, maybe-probably, I would know. So long-long as they are being difficult and not riding your back, ne-ne?"

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Daigo snorted. "Yeah, well, I guess I just never had much time for that sort of thing. Maybe that's why I got the occasional stern talking to." He smirked. "It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it."

Speaking about her training, Daigo's expression turned thoughtful. He could see benefits and drawbacks to a system like that. "Huh. Well." He smirked. "Seems like you turned out alright." Another gentle nudge with his hip. "Your parents seem like pretty impressive sorts. Got any siblings?" Maybe it was a little late to be finding out basic biographical information, but, well, he'd take whatever on Kuni Ohari he could get.

For a moment, Daigo watched uncomprehendingly as Oharu transformed into her villainous mustachioed form. "Oh, Fortunes." Burying his face in her hair, he laughed helplessly. She really was something. And the comment about riding may have begun to put ideas in his head, too.

Pulling back, he gave her a surprised look. "Oharu-san! You were behind it this whole time? I should have known. You were just keeping an eye on me." Even as he did his best to sound stern, it was hard to keep from laughing. "But did you think your sinister mustache would escape my Kitsuki-trained sight?" His free hand came up, gripping playfully around her waist. "Well, I've got you now. You didn't think you could hide forever, did you?"
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:01 pm

"Siblings? What are siblings?" Oharu asked on a coy note with a quick chuckle. "Nah, I don't have any siblings, ever. I guess my parents did pretty alright, hai-hai. I was maybe-probably already much of a handful..."

She kept one hand on her upper lip to hold her moustache in place while her other hand freely toyed with the strands at the end of her hair. Muffling her voice slightly, she adopted a rather silly persona of no particular person. "Mmm, yus, ish twas me allll along. Aaand I got very far too!"

Dropping the hair and the act with a big grin on her lips. "But don't you already have me? Or was it the other way around?"

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Daigo chuckled. "That makes sense. You are a handful..." He gave her flank a little squeeze, smirking impudently at her. "I've got an older sister. No one younger." His smirk grew. "Maybe I should take that as a sign that I'm a handful, too. After all, they were willing to try again after her, but they stopped with me."

The corners of Daigo's lips twitched mightily as Oharu held the act. The voice was too much for him, though. "Twas?" He echoed, chuckling. "I mean, uh..." He cleared his throat. "Very far, but not far enough. I was right on your tail the whole time!" Again, his lips twitched at this last bit.

Oh wow. The look in Daigo's grey eyes grew a little more intense as he leaned closer, towards that appealing grin, and her now hair-free lips. "Why Oharu-san." He murmured. "We're partners, remember? We split cases down the middle. It's both." He pretty much had to kiss her then, closing the distance between them. "Although I'm starting to think that maybe I haven't had quite enough." He murmured, almost a playful growl, as their lips parted.
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:36 pm

"-ah! Eep!" Oharu squealed as she was squeezed and coaxed to drape herself on top of Daigo, placing her arm over his chest as she placed herself closer to him. She let out a small giggle. "I'm pretty sure it's no contest, we might have been a handful to the Scorpion if they sent-sent Soshi-san to babysit us, more or less!"

Her inconsistent villain accent aside...Daigo was in the right to stay on her tail. She took his hand and invited him to place it on said tail as they joined in the kiss together, it seemed she was open to more. When they parted from their kiss, there as a challenging smirk on her features as she let out a low snarl that seemed more nuanced and practiced, maybe a portion from her practiced Nezumi tongue? "Heee...and I think I've already established that I'm more than enough so I'm more than willing to work-work things out until we're even."

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 pm

Daigo laughed, but it gave way to a pleasant murmur as Oharu draped herself over him. "You know what? You're right. Sometimes small victories are enough, and that sounds like one to me." He chuckled, matching her giggle. "We might not have cracked the case, but we were a handful for the Scorpion. I'll take that."

Daigo was all too happy to let her reposition his hand. Especially when he found just where she was repositioning it to; his answering growl didn't quite match her snarl, but it came close. "You really are something, Oharu-san." Daigo said admiringly, his voice gone rough again. "You want to see about even, let's see about even more..." His hand tightened...

He paused suddenly, his expression thoughtful. "You know..." He said, meeting her gaze. "I think, even after tonight, there's still gonna be some mysteries about you." He smirked. "I think I like that. Still, write to me from time to time or something, eh? Maybe I'll get all the pieces eventually."
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:48 am

Oharu gave a small roll of her eyes at the thought of annoying Scorpions as a victory. Perhaps not one by itself but seemingly escaping with their hides while doing so? That's something she'd accept. She had rather discover the answers but surviving another day to find others was perhaps best. It was perhaps only their luck that this particular unsolved mystery had no great consequence for being unsolved.

"Uh, oooh..." Oharu murmured before breaking into a small giggle as she felt more of his hand on her. "That's not something I mind either, really-really. In fact, it would be good to see you even try-try..."

"Maybe-probably," she said before her smile grew into a grin but receptive to the idea. "Sure, we can write from time to time. I'll be find-found in Sunda Muzu Mura or likely in the lower half of Rokugan if my Clan sends me abroad again. I don't know if you'll get all the pieces about me, some mystery in your life is always good-good."

With that, she carefully leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek before leaning away so that Daigo could catch that small smile on her lips that made her amusement evident. "It's my hope that I don't ever become dull-dull..."

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 am

Daigo smiled. "Alright. Let's do it. I'm back to Kyuden Kitsuki for the near future, but who knows after that? I'll let you know." His lips curled up until he had a grin to match hers. "And if I ever happen to be in the southern half of Rokugan, well, maybe I'll see if I can swing by. See if you're done with my book yet."

The kiss on his cheek, surprisingly tender, made Daigo's eyes close for just a moment. They opened in time to catch that wonderfully amused smile of hers. He laughed softly, rising up to meet her. "Oh, Oharu." He said, chuckling softly. His arms slid around her, gently brushing against her skin. "I've seen a lot of strange things happen. But you become dull?" Grinning, he shook his head. "I wouldn't believe it." He leaned in, seeking her lips with his.

His arms tightened, drawing her to him, eagerly but leisurely. After all the night was still young, and there was no rush. Just like with the maze where they'd met, they could take plenty of time to explore. It seemed to be the way they worked best together.

/scene!
Description