[D8EM] Three's Company

Every room in this well-regarded inn features a copy of Leadership and a go board. The offered meals excel in quantity as well as quality, although this does render the location unsuitable for more delicate affairs.
Mirumoto Daigo

[D8EM] Three's Company

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 am

(expecting)

Once more, Daigo knelt at one of the low tables in the dining area, bowl of rice and pot of ginger tea in front of him. This time, he made sure to ask for an extra cup; he knew he'd be having company.

Some of his usual intensity was lacking in his expression. Especially in his grey eyes, which were almost cloudy. Well, perhaps he just wasn't a morning person.

He sipped tea, waiting for his expected breakfast companion to arrive.
Dragon Clan • Investigator • Permanent Wound • It's Medicinal, Really
Carries: Wakizashi, calligraphy kit, notebook
Description

Kuni Oharu

Re: [D8EM] Three's Company

Post by Kuni Oharu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:46 am

Oharu didn't exactly have a wild evening yesterday, actually, she curbed her nights at the sake house ever since the mystery has taken up her attention. She meandered downstairs with a beat in her steps and saw Daigo had beat her in claiming a table.

Meandering over, she bowed politely to greet him. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Mirumoto-san! I hope at least the breakfast is warm?"

She smirked faintly and took a seat across from him.
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Bad Reputation: Eccentric • Dangerous Beauty • Inexperienced Version
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.3 • Infamy: 1.5 • Honour: Untrustworthy

Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi, satchel, fan, sake cup, some coins, Yogo Sayaka's fan

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 am

Daigo looked up, smiling almost lazily. "Good morning, Kuni-san." His tone matched his expression. "I hope you had a pleasant night."

He nodded, still smiling. "It is warm. And they do a very good ginger tea here. Here, allow me." He poured her a cup; a second bowl of rice was already awaiting her.

There was a flicker of increasing awareness in his grey eyes as he spotted her smirk.
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 am

Oharu smirked openly at the question and nodded. "I think it went pretty well! I mean, I've managed to get up this morning, ne-ne?" That was to perhaps say that they weren't attacked or assassinated in their sleep, which was a plus.

"Thank you!" She smiled at the pour of tea. "Are you thinking about doing much with your day? We have like, less than a few days here-here, probably-maybe take in most of the sights while we can. Kinda-sorta hard-hard to know if we'll be back to the Painted City in our lifetimes. I don't know if the Crab would send me back even if there was another wedding. I can't hog all the wedding appointments, as much as I would like to."
Crab Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Bad Reputation: Eccentric • Dangerous Beauty • Inexperienced Version

Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi, satchel, fan, sake cup, some coins, Yogo Sayaka's fan

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 am

Daigo chuckled. "Yeah, well, I suppose any morning where one gets up is a good one." He shrugged. "Some are better than others, but..." He smirked, pausing for a sip of tea. "I've got a good feeling about this one."

As they spoke, and as Daigo drank tea, the cloudiness seemed to be gradually clearing from his eyes. His rice was still mostly untouched.

"I've got a plan or two." Daigo said. "Something to follow up on the thing we were talking about." He gave her a nod. His eyes narrowed, even as his smile grew. "I didn't figure you for the sort to be interested in weddings, Kuni-san."
Last edited by Mirumoto Daigo on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Description

Soshi Shizuko

Post by Soshi Shizuko » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:43 pm

It will be at this point Shizuko turns up.

Completely by coincidence. Certainly she hasn't been looking for the two. Not at all... though the perceptive might realise that she doesn't reside at the Hero's Rest Inn. Instead she is at the Old Bridge so her presence might be considered... odd... and yet here she is.

Coincidence she would repeat.

"Good morning," she states.

"I hope the new day finds you both well," she continues, her smile of satisfaction in succeeding in the hunt for her quarry... that she hasn't been engaged in... hidden by her mask.

"May... may I join you?"
Scorpion-Ko * Bushi * Duellist * Determined
Status: 1.0 Glory: 1.0 Honor: Have we mentioned she is a Scorpion... [So, Roll for it]

Description

Avatar from Bayushi Mifiyu card by the excellent Adam Schumpert

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:14 pm

The arrival of Shizuko made Daigo straighten. With an effort, he forced the last of the cloudiness from his eyes.

"Soshi-san." Daigo said, his eyes narrowing even as he smiled. After a moment he bowed. "It does find me well. Seems as though it's finding you well, too."

He glanced back and forth between the two dames he found himself in the company of. "I'd offer to introduce you, but it sounds as though the two of you know each other. Small world." His tone is just a little bit dry at that.

Nodding, he shifted, moving closer to Oharu; this way, the three of them would be equidistant around the little table. "Please do. Although I think we're gonna need some more tea." He waved a hand to the proprietor, before looking back to Shizuko with a curious expression. "So what brings you out and about today. Duty?"
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

"I think I might like being in a wedding," Oharu smirked at the statement, so long as I'm not the wedding. "May-"

Her words were cut short when she saw Shizuko appeared to the common room of the inn, which was the first time she saw her here. Maybe they hadn't crossed paths until now? She recalled that she wasn't a local, yet. A few nods were given to Daigo's direction when he mentioned an introduction but she did acquaint herself with the Soshi already.

"Ohayou gozaimasu," she said as she rose to her feet and bowed politely to greet her. "I'm doing fine-fine and you're welcome to join us. Just regular breakfast today, nothing adventurous! Heee..."

Description

Soshi Shizuko

Post by Soshi Shizuko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:00 pm

[And apologies for late response]

Polite nod.

"Thank you," she will say to Oharu and then respectfully sit.

As she does she will answer Daigo's question. "Duty? Not exactly... some, maybe... but your investigations... well... this is a Scorpion city and its residents are more likely to talk to one of their own. So I thought I would offer my services... If you wish."

The words had been carefully crafted before hand but were't delivered with the artlessness she had been hoping for. On the other hand she hadn't stated who she had been sent by. Therefore she guessed it was a win.

Or not a loss.

Which was the same thing.

Mostly.
Status: 1.0 Glory: 1.0 Honor: Have we mentioned she is a Scorpion... [So, Roll for it]

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Oh, hell. This was more serious than he was capable of dealing with at the moment. He should have gone easier on the medication that morning... but the pain had been there, as it always was. Quickly, he took another bite of his rice, washing it down with a sip of tea. And, stalling a bit more, he poured fresh tea into a newly provided cup, sliding it across the table to Shizuko.

When he next looked at her, his expression was serious, alert. And possibly scowling, but perhaps Shizuko had spoken with him enough times by now to know that scowling was his regular expression.

"That... could come in handy." Daigo said, narrowing his eyes, studying Shizuko. "I have noticed that the locals aren't always eager to talk to outsiders." He smirked. "Why, some of them take one look at this-" his hand came up to touch his Kitsuki mon, "-and just about flee the scene." His grey eyes lingered on her.

He looked down at his cup a few moments, moving his hand to swirl the tea within. He looked back up at Shizuko. "I'm a little surprised, though." He said mildly. "Last time we spoke, you were barely willing to tell me that an investigation was even happening. Into garden vandalism." He looked at her expectantly.
Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 am

"Uhm..." Oharu murmured under her breath when she mentioned the investigation and slowly looked to Daigo for his opinion, or rather his reaction to her accusation. Then again, the fact that she was coming forward with this rather than having someone come from the sides, or in disguise, could mean she might be working for another interested party? She wasn't too sure, maybe they decided they decided to change their tactics.

She nodded a few times along with Daigo after a gulp of tea. "Hai-hai, I think it should help-help with the case. We're less from around here-here than you are, Soshi-san. It's a little awkward but we were just curious, really-really. Our trail has run-run into some rough ground but maybe-probably we can get further with another investigative mind on the case, ne-ne?"

Description

Soshi Shizuko

Post by Soshi Shizuko » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Kuni Oharu wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 am
She nodded a few times along with Daigo after a gulp of tea. "Hai-hai, I think it should help-help with the case. We're less from around here-here than you are, Soshi-san. It's a little awkward but we were just curious, really-really. Our trail has run-run into some rough ground but maybe-probably we can get further with another investigative mind on the case, ne-ne?"
Rough ground? Did that mean they hadn't found much? That was good.

"Curiosity is not necesarily a bad thing," she will state. Where appropriate of course. "And another investigative mind... maybe that will make the difference for before I recall Daigo-sama that you suggested that different Clans used different methods to conduct inquiries. As we are from three different Clans then maybe that might come in to consideration."

Nod.

With that she will take some tea and although she desperately wants to pry into what specifically has been discovered she manages not to.

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Soshi Shizuko wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 pm
"Curiosity is not necesarily a bad thing," she will state. Where appropriate of course. "And another investigative mind... maybe that will make the difference for before I recall Daigo-sama that you suggested that different Clans used different methods to conduct inquiries. As we are from three different Clans then maybe that might come in to consideration."
Daigo smirked. "It's true, I did say that." He decided not to comment on the particulars of how she said his name. The smirk grew bigger. "Does this mean I'm finally gonna get a chance to see the Scorpion method after all?"

He sat back a little, wincing slightly. His back always pained him the most in the morning, even with his medicine to take the edge off. It took his edge off, too. He could feel himself struggling to keep pace.

"So..." He lifted the pot, refilling his own tea. It was still hot, and the steam was refreshing. He paused a moment to take a deep breath. "What do you know so far?" He asked.
Description

Soshi Shizuko

Post by Soshi Shizuko » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 pm

"In as much as there is a 'Scorpion method'," she will agree. "As to what I know... I know you are investigating the bath house murder and I have been told by Tokagure Hanaru that the victim was Shosuro Fujiko-sama. The regular guard there... the crime also happened late at night I believe."

Shrug.

"However as yet I have not looked much into it."

Nod.

"Obviously I am willing to change that."

Description

Kuni Oharu

Post by Kuni Oharu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 am

After a few mouthfuls of breakfast and some sips of tea, Oharu spoke up once more. She did cast a cautious glance at Daigo before she did so, however. "It seemed like whatever killed her wasn't a ghost at all but someone very-very human. We were trying to find-find more things relating to her, who she was and what happened to her but it seemed to everyone in the city managed to get their hands pretty quickly on that. If there already an investigation on-going that, that's good-good...buuut has anyone asked the kami for some direction?"

Description

Mirumoto Daigo

Post by Mirumoto Daigo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:57 am

Daigo, for his part, seemed to be eating very slowly, although he was drinking plenty of the tea.

He shot Oharu a quick look, his eyes narrowed. "I'd heard that the water was drained pretty much immediately. It was bloody, of course. I don't know how either of those things would affect asking the kami. As for if it was done..." This time, he glanced at Shizuko.

He cleared his throat. "Actually, I'm somewhat interested in the ghost. Soshi-san do you know..." He grimaced. This was a strange question. "Is there a way to find out if the ghost is... a role?" He asked. "The whole city is a play. Why not the ghost?"
Description