D8, EM - Ignorance is Bliss; So is Hot Water

In the heart of Scorpion territory, a touch of Phoenix lands can be found. Said to be founded by a wealthy resident for his unwilling bride, it's claimed by some that one of the many phoenixes depicted in the house's murals weeps silently each night.
Julia

D8, EM - Ignorance is Bliss; So is Hot Water

Post by Julia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Julia had never actually heard any rumors or such about the incident at the bathhouse; She wasn't the sort of person to look for that sort of thing, or even pay much attention to it. So it was that she thought it rather odd how few people there were at the bathhouse compared to when she'd passed it a week or so ago in her explorations of the city. Perhaps it was the weather?

Regardless, she had told Kuni-sama she would check out the bathhouse, so here she was, undressing in the changing room before wrapping a towel around herself and going out to the washing basins.
Monkey! | Bushi | Amateur Musician | Tough | Curious | Calm Visage | Gaijin Name

Equipment: wakizashi, flute, samisen, chopsticks, mask, sweets, bottle of water
Battle: katana, no-dachi, light armor

Doji Ki

Re: D8, EM - Ignorance is Bliss; So is Hot Water

Post by Doji Ki » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:33 pm

A nice bath seemed a good way to start the day, so Ki made her way to the bathhouse. She had a polite smile on her face as she nodded to the servants on her way to the womens changing rooms.

It seemed someone else had the same idea, and the little Crane gave the other woman a bow before moving to undress, keeping her back to the wall as she had done every other time before.

"A good way to start the day, neh?" Ki said as she moved to the washing basins, towels wrapped around herself.
Crane Clan * Katogama Mon * Courtier * Artist * Daimyo's Daughter * Small * Profile
Equipment: Extravagant clothing and fan, calligraphy kit, paper, wakizashi

Julia

Post by Julia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Julia looked over to the voice speaking; Obviously to her since there were very few other people around at the moment.

"Hm? Well, I suppose I shall see; I've not had the opportunity to go to a bathhouse like this first thing in the morning."

She noticed the woman had white hair; So another Crane? There certainly were a lot here. Which was probably typical for such an occasion.

"I'm more used to bathing in a tub in the morning, Crane-sama. Still... I should guess this isn't any worse, certainly. So you're probably right."

Julia's tendency to be rather 'thorough' in her responses isn't something she typically gave much thought to.
Monkey! | Bushi | Amateur Musician | Tough | Curious | Calm Visage | Gaijin Name

Doji Ki

Post by Doji Ki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 am

"This is closer to what I'm used to I suppose; it's...quaint" Ki mused thoughtfully as she began delicately cleaning her soft skin "a good bath helps one prepare for the day though."

She paused for a short while to clean, before pouring water over herself. AFter that, she spoke again.

"Ah, forgive me, I am Doji Ki. Good to meet you samurai-san" there was a small bow, before she wrapped herself up again to head towards the baths.
Crane Clan * Katogama Mon * Courtier * Artist * Daimyo's Daughter * Small * Profile

Julia

Post by Julia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm

"Julia, of the Monkey. It is an honor to meet you, Doji-sama."

She gave a small bow before turning to the bucket, rinsing herself off before applying the soap and rinsing again. After this quick ritual, she wrapped up in her towel and followed Ki to the bath proper, slipping into the steaming water with a soft sigh.

Doji Ki

Post by Doji Ki » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

The Monkey?

Ki politely looked away as the Monkey samurai slipped into the water, before removing her towel and slipping in herself. If Julia was attentive she might catch a hint of something...blue? just behind her left shoulder, before the tiny Crane was submerged all the way to her neck in the water.

She sighed gently.

"Ah, this is delightfully...so, Julia-san you said? I cannot say I've met any of your kin before now, so you're the first. How have you found the celebrations? I unfortunately only arrived recently, so I've missed most of what has happened it seems."

Julia

Post by Julia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 pm

"Mmmm... not sure you missed too much; Unless you're a big fan of theatre. I mean, the festival food has been nice, and there were the usual ways for a samurai to test themselves. But I was hoping for a parade, or maybe some fireworks, you know? Then again, I suppose this is a samurai wedding celebration, so one might want to keep a bit of culture and pomp to everything."

Julia was more used to festivals than this sort of thing, so it certainly seemed a bit different.

Doji Ki

Post by Doji Ki » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:29 pm

"I am a big fan of theatre" Ki said with a chuckle "I thankfully have been able to watch all the ones since I have arrived though, which makes up for missing the previous number. As for parades and fireworks..."

Ki paused, thinking, before a smile came to her face, and she added "can you truly imagine a Lion parade? Perhaps they'd have the parade flanked by the famous warcats? That would be a sight to see, ne?"

Julia

Post by Julia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Julia gave a quick nod, almost enthusiastic even, "Hai, that most certainly would be. ...I wonder what a Scorpion parade would be like though. A lot of colorful masks perhaps?"

Doji Ki

Post by Doji Ki » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:03 pm

"Masks, colours. Many things to overwhelm the senses and distract from what the Scorpion are truly parading" Ki cupped her hands, pouring water over her face before continuing "even in a parade the Scorpion would have an agenda Julia-san. Now you have me curious though, what would a parade from the Monkey clan entail?"

Julia

Post by Julia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:23 pm

There was someone warning her about Scorpion agendas again, even if indirectly. It made Julia wonder if she was a part of anyone's agendas in this city...

"A Monkey Clan parade? Well... I think... I think that it would be about showing the Clan's diversity and spirit; Celebrating things with music and dance from across the Empire. Certainly nothing fancy, I'm afraid, but I can see many of my Clanmates wanting to show off the places they're from and the heritage that came before them, no matter how humble it might be. I know I certainly would want to celebrate such things, if I knew more about them."

Doji Ki

Post by Doji Ki » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 pm

So a Monkey clan parade is to take from all other clans...

"Interesting. A blend of cultures" Ki nodded thoughtfully "not an easy thing to do, as all clans do things different. Even something as simple as a painting of the sea would look different from every angle. Still, it would be an interesting sight" she smiled softly as she opened her eyes "a Crane one would be beautiful. Everything would be elegant, from the performances to the pieces of art on display. It would certainly be a sight to behold. Maybe we'd even arranged for kites to be flown, they can be very fun to prepare and brighten up the sky with colour."