Non-binding character straw poll

The place for discussing character concepts, planning alliances and rivalries, and other such topics.
Saibankan

Non-binding character straw poll

Post by Saibankan » Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 am

This is just to get a very general idea of interest. Nothing is binding about this, especially since you may have an idea later especially when the main boards go up. But just to get a sense of things:

1. What time zone are you in?
2. With all the normal clans and factions for the time period open, what would be your most likely to least likely choices?
3. If the only choices you had were Crane, Lion, and Scorpion, which would you prefer, or would that cause you to skip the game?
"Stabbing, strangling, bludgeoning, crushing, hacking, drowning, igniting, how you do it doesn't matter. You must kill someone if you want to leave. It's as simple as that."

Agasha Junichi

Re: Non-binding character straw poll

Post by Agasha Junichi » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 am

Contemplates the various options:

Holds up the Lion Banner.

Gets some stupid smelly peasants to hold up a second though less important Lion Banner.

Desired character then hopes this counts as two Lion votes...

(Though in answer to your questions:

1) GMT/ BST
2) See above
3) Not a problem for me but I liked a suggestion made at the end of the previous game - Factions rather than Clans - that means PC's can play what they want though they may get assigned/ choose a Faction based on their Clan.

Otomo Shibosha-e

Post by Otomo Shibosha-e » Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 am

I'm in Central US Time--which changes, because Texas still does DST, for some damned reason.

Clan/reg. faction goes, by preference:
-Imperial/MCA (with order depending on if Shibosha-e can return; MCA first, if she can't)
-Unicorn (my first love)
-Phoenix (because I ain't yet, or not in a long damned while)
-Crab
-Ronin (because I have a pretty clear idea for one, though y'all might not like it)
-Mantis (snipetty snipe snipe snipe)
-Dragon
-Lion
-Crane
-Scorpion (because I just did one, not because of any particular onus against the Clan)
-Monks (because I know its hard for GMs...and because I don't have a clear character idea for one)

Crane, Lion, Scorpion? Well, I've just played the last...so, prolly Crane, in the event. And woe betide you.
Imperial * Miharu * Experienced * More Eager than Skilled

Kaeru Hiko

Post by Kaeru Hiko » Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 pm

1) GMT/BST

2)

1st Crane
2nd = Hare/Fox/Kaeru
5th Phoenix
6th = Scorpion/Imperial
8th everyone else
dead last Mantis/Dragon

3) Crane - Scorpion - Lion in that order.
Ronin * Bushi * Ribbit * Frog of Temptation * Kite Fighting Champion of Tsuma

Bayushi Nagako

Post by Bayushi Nagako » Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 am
This is just to get a very general idea of interest. Nothing is binding about this, especially since you may have an idea later especially when the main boards go up. But just to get a sense of things:

2. With all the normal clans and factions for the time period open, what would be your most likely to least likely choices?
3. If the only choices you had were Crane, Lion, and Scorpion, which would you prefer, or would that cause you to skip the game?
1. GMT+1, or EST+5 to you american folks.
2. Scorpion, Imperial, Unicorn, Crab, Dragon, Crane, Lion, Phoenix, Mantis
3. If it were a mono-clan game, I'd likely skip it altogether, as I prefer the variety of a multi-clan game (even if the number of allowed clans is restricted to 3 or 4). (edit) If the game has PCs of each of those three options, I'd stick with the Scorpion.
Last edited by Bayushi Nagako on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doji Musashi

Post by Doji Musashi » Mon May 21, 2018 2:55 pm

1. GMT
2. Reprising Crane
3. Sounds good

Isawa Mei

Post by Isawa Mei » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 am

Sheesh, has it been that long since I logged on here? Damn.

Alaska. (GMT -9)

1st- MCA (In order of preference- Hare, Dragonfly, Tortoise, then a sort of muddy scrum of "whoever I can get")
2nd- Phoenix
3rd- Scorpion
4th- Dragon

No power on Earth could make me play a Crane (I'd drop- I absolutely loathe them on a metafictional level), and while they have kickass bushi, the Lion have little appeal for me. Crab are neat, but Hiruma Mei's the only Crab concept I have at present. Mantis have some appeal, but nothing I'm particularly passionate about. Unicorn... well. I have a different notion of how they do things than most people who seem to want to play them, so I doubt it'd be all that harmonious.

Kyuden Doji Delenda Est, Lion are dull, Scorpion or bust.

Akodo Sunshin

Post by Akodo Sunshin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 am

Time zone:

GMT +2 Johannesburg, RSA. But I can't play during work hours, but I play till late 23h30.

1st Lion
2nd Pheonix
3rd Imperial
4th Any other
lastly Mantis/Unicorn

Ideally, I would love to play Akodo Sunshin again. So Lion.
Lion • Diplomat • Bushi • Serious • Missing Left Hand • Gruff Voice
Gear: Light Armoured always(If forced, plain yet neat kimono), Daisho, Fan, Fully Maned Helm, Left copper gauntlet formed into lion's maw.