(D10:LE:Open) A Clever Title Here

As the primary dojo is to be used for classes run by the current sensei and is far too small to house all prospective students and challengers, a secondary area has been set aside for practice. Previous master sensei who have been unseated following a successful challenge may remain on-site to do some teaching in this place, as well.
Hida Jiaying

Re: (D10:LE:Open) A Clever Title Here

Post by Hida Jiaying »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: ↑Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:53 am When she releases him, the Tamori takes a few deep breaths to recover, then bows to her. Far from being down, though, he seems to be smiling.

"Oh, I'm the one who should be thanking you, Hida-san!", he says, straightening himself after the bow. "And really... don't worry, this won't let me down. In fact... this is the second time you teach me something and encourage me to improve at this Dojo."

Actually... the third one, he thinks, remembering their first exchange at the library. Not all lessons are found in training and formal practice, after all.

"Nor is this your only thing... as you sure well know, ne?", he says, his smile broadening. "Your work at the Armory has been inspiring! And... your words there gave me the spirit to finally learn at least something of the craft. Now... unarmed fighting is something I expect to be at least somewhat capable on, one day. And again... training with you I see just how much I must improve, and have at least some idea how I might do so. Really... I should thank you, Hida-san.", he says as he nods to her again. "And... you really shouldn't let it be said you don't know throws", he says, grinning. "You most certainly do! I'm witness to that".
She returns the bow, but seemed uncomfortable with all of the compliments. They weren't something she received often and her social skills didn't include actually taking them. She sort of knew how to give one, but getting one? It just didn't feel right and it showed on her face as she shuffled around, eyes cast downwards.

"The words at the armory weren't really much though... Just a good job and a thumbs up when you boil it down, really..." She murmured, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "But I'm glad to hear that you're learning more. It's a pretty neat thing and can help you in a pinch if your weapon ever gets broken and no reliable smiths are around."

A pause as she thinks of how to counter more of his compliments. "I wouldn't really say that I taught you anything either... Throwing you around really isn't teaching, and yeah... I'm still not the best with it. It's not something I really know well, but I didn't want to just keep you in a lock and keep hitting you, so I thought throwing might be a way to allow you to try again to knock me over without me just... letting you go. I'm sure it won't be long before you're able to knock me over, or anyone else. It was a good form you had... I think." This was getting harder by the moment, but at least she was getting to flex and learn how to compliment others.
Crab πŸ¦€ Artisan/Bushi πŸ¦€ Small πŸ¦€ Social Position πŸ¦€ Everybody Can Catch These Hands
Glory: Hilarious πŸ¦€ Honor: Rather Crabby πŸ¦€ Status: Her Parents Are Important

Carries/Has: A bitchy personality, plain clothes, always wears gloves, these hands.
Tamori Kazunosuke

Post by Tamori Kazunosuke »

Hida Jiaying wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 am She returns the bow, but seemed uncomfortable with all of the compliments. They weren't something she received often and her social skills didn't include actually taking them. She sort of knew how to give one, but getting one? It just didn't feel right and it showed on her face as she shuffled around, eyes cast downwards.

"The words at the armory weren't really much though... Just a good job and a thumbs up when you boil it down, really..." She murmured, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "But I'm glad to hear that you're learning more. It's a pretty neat thing and can help you in a pinch if your weapon ever gets broken and no reliable smiths are around."

A pause as she thinks of how to counter more of his compliments. "I wouldn't really say that I taught you anything either... Throwing you around really isn't teaching, and yeah... I'm still not the best with it. It's not something I really know well, but I didn't want to just keep you in a lock and keep hitting you, so I thought throwing might be a way to allow you to try again to knock me over without me just... letting you go. I'm sure it won't be long before you're able to knock me over, or anyone else. It was a good form you had... I think." This was getting harder by the moment, but at least she was getting to flex and learn how to compliment others.
He nods at her, a friendly, if still subdued smile blossoming on his lips. "It is a nice skill to have, forging. I'll sure remember our time here when I have to count on it later, I know that much."

Then, after a small pause. "Also... you don't have to be the best at something to know something really, do you?", he says, a bit thoughtful. "One way or another, I'm glad you didn't only keep me locked down for the whole spar! I... do intend to get better, and I've sure seen some ways in which I can do that while sparring with you. That's what I'm thanking you for, y'know? If helping me find ways to improve isn't teaching, I'm not sure what is, ne?", he says, now with a more open smile. "I hope we'll get a chance to practice again later, Hida-san", he then says a bit more seriously again. "I... do think you'll topple me over and hold me down easily again, though, if you keep training like this!", he added, now chuckling a bit. "We'll see!"

(/scene? Or do you want to hit him again for this? haha)
Dragon Clan β€’ Bushi β€’ Serene
Glory: 1.0 β€’ Honor: What is expected β€’ Status: 1.0
Lived in Dark Edge Village β€’ Hard on himself β€’ Wild at times
Carries: Taoist poetry book, small knife, straw hat
Potential: Some expectations (low results?)
Hida Jiaying

Post by Hida Jiaying »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 pm
Hida Jiaying wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 am She returns the bow, but seemed uncomfortable with all of the compliments. They weren't something she received often and her social skills didn't include actually taking them. She sort of knew how to give one, but getting one? It just didn't feel right and it showed on her face as she shuffled around, eyes cast downwards.

He nods at her, a friendly, if still subdued smile blossoming on his lips. "It is a nice skill to have, forging. I'll sure remember our time here when I have to count on it later, I know that much."

Then, after a small pause. "Also... you don't have to be the best at something to know something really, do you?", he says, a bit thoughtful. "One way or another, I'm glad you didn't only keep me locked down for the whole spar! I... do intend to get better, and I've sure seen some ways in which I can do that while sparring with you. That's what I'm thanking you for, y'know? If helping me find ways to improve isn't teaching, I'm not sure what is, ne?", he says, now with a more open smile. "I hope we'll get a chance to practice again later, Hida-san", he then says a bit more seriously again. "I... do think you'll topple me over and hold me down easily again, though, if you keep training like this!", he added, now chuckling a bit. "We'll see!"

(/scene? Or do you want to hit him again for this? haha)
(/scene works for me! Thank you! It was really great ^.^ Kazu is a big sweetie q.q)
Crab πŸ¦€ Artisan/Bushi πŸ¦€ Small πŸ¦€ Social Position πŸ¦€ Everybody Can Catch These Hands
Glory: Hilarious πŸ¦€ Honor: Rather Crabby πŸ¦€ Status: Her Parents Are Important

Carries/Has: A bitchy personality, plain clothes, always wears gloves, these hands.
Tamori Kazunosuke

Hida Jiaying wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:39 pm (/scene works for me! Thank you! It was really great ^.^ Kazu is a big sweetie q.q)
(It's been really fun! Thanks for the scene : ) It was fun seeing their development over the scenes :D If you can actually bring Jia back at some point it'll be real fun - she's a piece of work, but delightfully so XD)
Hida Jiaying

Post by Hida Jiaying »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:02 am (It's been really fun! Thanks for the scene : ) It was fun seeing their development over the scenes :D If you can actually bring Jia back at some point it'll be real fun - she's a piece of work, but delightfully so XD)
Yeah, it was fun seeing the two develop! Though I don't think Jiaying will ever be returning to this series of games ever. I'm writing her ending currently since it doesn't look like she's getting anything here.)

Tamori Kazunosuke

Hida Jiaying wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:23 am Yeah, it was fun seeing the two develop! Though I don't think Jiaying will ever be returning to this series of games ever. I'm writing her ending currently since it doesn't look like she's getting anything here.)
I mean, she's a real fun character, and it'd be interesting to see what she would be like later if she went the Ronin way. Of course that'd depend on a Ronin-friendly game - and I certainly understand not wanting to explore that story further.

It was a good run at any rate! And curious to see her ending if you do post it :)
Hida Jiaying

Post by Hida Jiaying »

Tamori Kazunosuke wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:29 am
I mean, she's a real fun character, and it'd be interesting to see what she would be like later if she went the Ronin way. Of course that'd depend on a Ronin-friendly game - and I certainly understand not wanting to explore that story further.

It was a good run at any rate! And curious to see her ending if you do post it :)
So is Kazunosuke ^.^ xD He's deffo gonna be great later when a full sammy. As for the ending, I'm not gonna post it here, but I can send it to you over discord later when I finish it if you want