D12, EM - Card Catalog

While primarily a place for warriors, the Hundred Stances dojo is not lacking a quiet space for the training of the mind. While the dojo's secret texts cannot be found here, treatises on kenjutsu and other topics (notably history, poetry, theatre, and theology) are curated by Seppun Kurou, a helpful and cheerful shugenja.
Shosuro Katsumi

Re: D12, EM - Card Catalog

Post by Shosuro Katsumi »

"I see. Well, I shall make sure to keep it hidden then; If someone put it here, best they don't know where it's gone, even through rumor. Hopefully the chaos of yesterday was enough to make that simple."
Scorpion Clan <> Artisan <> Actor/Actress <> Dangerously Pretty
Glory Rank: 0 • Status Rank: 0 • Honor: Honorless Dog
Usual items: flute, masks, folding fan, umbrella
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

Suke looks at Katsumi carefully, as if assessing the young man before saying anything else.

"If you ask me," he says at last, "I'd take it to Kaagi Tamashii, a small shrine about six hours' walk north of here. It's dedicated to the man who wrote those notes. Perhaps the keeper might be able to set you on the path toward making the best use of them."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Glory: 4.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 3.0
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
"I am great, but Doji Hariya-sensei is greater still. I do not regret losing to her."
Shosuro Katsumi

"A shrine dedicated to such a person...?"

Kat thought a moment, "...and the name, Kaagi Tamashii; It doesn't sound like a monk's, with the family name and all. But I don't recognize it."
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"That's the name of the shrine," Suke says, shaking his head. "'Soul of Kaagi" or some such thing - named for Kitsuki Kaagi."

He gestures toward the book.

"I've no idea who tends it, but they're certainly no ally to Kaagi's enemy."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
"I am great, but Doji Hariya-sensei is greater still. I do not regret losing to her."
Shosuro Katsumi

"I see. Well, perhaps a good stop on the way back to Clan lands then, since it's not too out of the way. I shall certainly take your advice on the matter, sensei. As to the rest of this... leave it here for the librarian to take care of? Or is it too early to be putting it all back?"
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"Kurou-san will take great pleasure on handling the job."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
Shosuro Katsumi

A brief nod and maybe a bit of a smirk at the thought of the librarian eagerly putting things back, but the image was incomplete without knowing the librarian. ...plus showing too much mirth in front of a Bayushi felt like folly thanks to his strict upbringing, so the feeling passed.

Book tucked away, Kat stood, bowing deeply a moment, "Thank you for all your assistance, Bayushi-sensei. I wish I could have done more for the Clan while I was here, and the Empire perhaps, but You've been more than a little help to me with doing what I could."
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"You may yet have a larger role to play than you can know, or that you might wish to play," Suke says, gesturing once more to the book. "Your best days are ahead of you, Katsumi-san."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo