Day 7, EE - Teacher and Student (ask)

Consisting of a reception area and a private suite - heavily customized by the dojo's previous masters - this area now serves as the home and offices of the current sensei, Doji Hariya.
Shosuro Katsumi

Day 7, EE - Teacher and Student (ask)

Post by Shosuro Katsumi »

Katsumi wasn't going to go into the sensei's quarters, of course. It was not a place for students. But he'd come to the entrance to enquire about talking with Bayushi-sensei.
Scorpion Clan <> Artisan <> Actor/Actress <> Dangerously Pretty
Glory Rank: 0 • Status Rank: 0 • Honor: Honorless Dog
Usual items: flute, masks, folding fan, umbrella
Bayushi Suke

Re: Day 7, EE - Teacher and Student (ask)

Post by Bayushi Suke »

The Scorpion instructor arrives soon afterward.

"You have something to report, Shosuro-san?" he asks. "There has been quite a bit of...excitement around the dojo this day, and this has left me with a great deal of work to do."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Glory: 4.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 3.0
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
"I am great, but Doji Hariya-sensei is greater still. I do not regret losing to her."
Shosuro Katsumi

Katsumi bowed low, "Bayushi-sensei, good evening. I have a few questions and a few things to report, hai. As far as your workload... is there any way I could be of assistance there?"

He didn't really plan on the diversion... but it seemed like an important subject, and not one he'd had the chance to ask on.
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"That will depend on your questions and report," he replies. "So, what seems to be going on, then?"
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
"I am great, but Doji Hariya-sensei is greater still. I do not regret losing to her."
Shosuro Katsumi

"Hai, of course. The question first then; The Otomo students in this year's class, Otomo Akihime-sama and Otomo Yuuma-sama, have the idea to use the various challenges and politics around the position of Master Sensei of this dojo as a sort of background politics for the students. Students would wager favors on the outcome of how things go with the challenges and position, things like taking over each others' cleaning duties or possibly something as far reaching as promises of working towards future marriage. The question then is whether Bayushi-sensei would think that is a good idea or not, whether such a thing could be overlooked or even encouraged amongst the students."

Katsumi had his own opinions on the matter of course, opinions he'd shared with the two Imperials. It felt like this was one of those cases, however, where presenting things with just the facts as is was the proper first step.
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"Those two Otomo are overstepping themselves," Suke observes, "which in itself is not unusual for their family. This plan includes wide-reaching considerations that would require the approval of higher-ranking lords than are present here, and as such is not acceptable. However, let us not let on that there are problems with their little game of politics just yet... Perhaps they might best learn to mind their place if they are allowed to get caught overreaching, then to face consequences that they will not be able to shield themselves from. Watch them and report to me; I will inform you when the time is right to strike."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
Shosuro Katsumi

It seemed like the most sane response honestly, even with the assurances the Otomos had given.

"Hai, of course. sensei. What am I to tell them you said in response? My asking you your opinion on this was to be a favor for them, in exchange for them keeping their ears out on anything on the ronin sensei they might overhear. And they are unlikely to act without asking me first, either way."
Bayushi Suke

Post by Bayushi Suke »

"Tell them...tell them you were unable to find me," Suke responds after considering the matter. "There's enough going on at the moment that it'd be understandable if I were too busy to contact - a new master sensei, ghost stories, ruined supplies... Much to do, and someone has to oversee the work. See if they're willing to try to act regardless. Test their patience."
Scorpion Clan • Samurai
Sensei of the Minor Dojo
Shosuro Katsumi

Kat almost had to laugh at the response, but he knew better than that; As amusing as it might be, there would be a lot that could happen, and it would prove interesting.

"Very well. I do suspect you're quite busy with everything going on, regardless, so I shall thank you for your time and take my leave. If you ever do actually need anything from me, don't hesitate to reach out; I may only be a child still, but the Shosuro live to serve as always."

And with that, Katsumi made his exit.

/exit