[Day 12, EA] To make peace (expecting)

A small room, barely large enough to hold four people, has been dedicated to the memory of the enigmatic ronin who developed the Hundred Stances, as well as to Bayushi Sawao, who completed Oshiro's work and founded the dojo.
Matsu Yuuka

Re: [Day 12, EA] To make peace (expecting)

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

"Grand?" Yuuka got quiet. Very somber and serious "I'm not sure it is grand, to be entirely honest. I felt...powerless, and ashamed that I couldn't join the fighting, to chip in. Maybe this will all end up well, but...."

She faltered, her shoulders slumped a little.

"We could still very well all die, you know. I mean, this evil...they killed hundreds of people from what I can tell. It feels frustrating to just hold back, to watch, when my gut tells me that I should grab a spear and rush at them with steel in hand."
Lion Clan * Shugenja* Water * Weird
Glory: 1.0 * Status: 2.0 * Honour: Untrustworthy
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"Simply drawing breath in the face of those who would stop you is exhilarating. Or at least it is for me."

His smile was almost sunny.

"Especially since it means we can work on killing them, hm? So yes, I do find it grand to be drawing breath."
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
"Be prepared to appreciate what you meet."
Matsu Yuuka

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

"Are we, though?" she said "Working at killing them, that is. I'm not so sure myself"

Yuuka's expression was the dark cloud opposite of Jiro's sunshine.

"I was not part of that fight, and they got what they wanted. At least after a fashion. So..." she paused "I have to trust this is all going to end up well. That it all works out. Because if it does not...I will ask myself if I could have done more than carry rations, stones and arrows. Should have done more."

She frowned. "I suppose I would not have made much of a difference, I am not fully trained after all - but one more day will not make that much difference, training-wise, and instead this was...a test of spirit, I think. I am not sure I passed it." Lifted the broomstick in her hand "I guess I'm prepared to fight now, but there are no more attackers, for now. I want to be as ready as I can next time though, so there is no doubt in my mind"
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"Take it from one who was helping coordinate, every supply run you made saved lives."
Inexperienced Shiba Ryūsei * Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Child * Blessed by Benten * Tactician

Generally carries: A serviceable kimono, a travel set for go, a travel set for shogi
Matsu Yuuka

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

"Maybe" Yuuka said, glumly "But it was in vain, ultimately, and I'm not sure others could not have made those runs. Or that some other strategy might have gotten a better result."

She wrinkled her forehead, both concentrated and agitated. "We lost, Shiba-san. At least that's what it feels like to me. The leaders of these attackers, and you yourself told me of the foul means they used, they dictated terms. Under those circumstance I'm not worried about having done something. I am worried about whether I have done all I could, since I clearly did not do enough."
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"Matsu-san, we lost a battle. There will be another one later this evening, with only two combatants but arguably more riding on it. And whatever happens, the war will assuredly continue."

Matsu Yuuka

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

"Yes. Maybe this will all turn out for the better...but I am not happy with how it turned out. Perhaps I should trust those with more experience who lead us..."
Shiba Jiro

Post by Shiba Jiro »

"We can do little else at this point..."

He nodded toward the shrine.

"Well. Except for that. Naturally."

Matsu Yuuka

Post by Matsu Yuuka »

"That. Yes." Yuuka nodded "Maybe the ancestors may give me some guidance here. I can use it. If not I can at least give them their due. Who knows if I'll be around tomorrow, after all. No time like today."

Yuuka smoothed her Kimono. Noticed that it wasn't entirely clean...which felt wrong. But...she exhaled and quashed the voice in her her that sought reasons to put things off. Her sincerity would have to carry this. The Ancestors would understand

/Fade to prayer